Honored Contributor

G & C Raw Dog and Cat Food Recall--Multiple Products

[ Edited ]
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified, I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

G & C Raw LLC of Versailles, Ohio, is expanding its recall of multiple brands of dog and cat food products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:

G & C Dog and Cat Food Recall Expands to Include Multiple Brands

Please share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Not already on our dog food recall notification list? Sign up to get critical dog food recall alerts by email. There's no cost for this service. No spam. Cancel anytime.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: G & C Raw Dog and Cat Food Recall--Multiple Products

@NickNack

It sure seems like an awful lot of these type recalls involve raw food, to me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I was thinking the same thing @KingstonsMom.  Most of the notices I get are for raw foods.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Most dog/cat food recalls are based on the risk to a food handler rather then the pet itself.  Most healthy dogs and cats can handle much more bacteria than humans, just look at what they eat outdoors.  Using safe handleing techniques and human grade products makes it just as safe as making dinner for you family.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

"Most healthy dogs and cats can handle much more bacteria than humans, just look at what they eat outdoors."

You got that right!  Prior to getting a bell collar, my INDOOR cat had a healthy diet of birds when chilling/hunting on the patio.  Now he has to settle on a healthy diet of bugs.  His favorite, crickets.  Those things grow fat out in the boonies. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

That's one of the big downsides to feeding a raw diet.  Apparently pet food sold as "raw" doesnt meet the same standards as food sold for human consumption.  I'd never go the raw diet route with my dogs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Most healthy dogs and cats can handle much more bacteria than humans, just look at what they eat outdoors."

You got that right!  Prior to getting a bell collar, my INDOOR cat had a healthy diet of birds when chilling/hunting on the patio.  Now he has to settle on a healthy diet of bugs.  His favorite, crickets.  Those things grow fat out in the boonies. Smiley LOL

While we may look forward to apple or pumpkin season my one dog cannot wait for grasshopper season.  She could chase and eat grasshoppers all day.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That's one of the big downsides to feeding a raw diet.  Apparently pet food sold as "raw" doesnt meet the same standards as food sold for human consumption.  I'd never go the raw diet route with my dogs.

That is not necessarly true, you have to know the brands if you are buying commercial.  There are some very good ones out there.  I

Respected Contributor

Kibble recalls far outweigh raw food co recalls. Human food recalls far outweigh both. There’s risks no matter which you choose.