Honored Contributor

The Small Dog Mall website has a sweet idea to make a Christmas tree or Hanukkah bush for your dog.

Tie some dog biscuits to a little tree (I suppose it could be real or artificial) but monitor, of course, your pet's removal of the treats so they don't ingest the ribbon. 

I suspect it's more fun to create it than to be watchful that they don't eat the ribbons!

Image from the smalldogmall DOT com

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

While I appreciate the thought, this is BIG NO for me!  LOL  

First, I'd have to drill a hole in each treat.  THEN thread a ribbon through it?  Not fun!  Then, the dogs would be going nuts and barking at the tree and jumping to get the treats.  Then, I'd have to pry the treats out of their jaws to remove the ribbon.  I can picture it, but not game for doing it!  

Honored Contributor

I buy simple toys for my cats.  But I'm always looking for toys for my daughter's dog.

OMG!  Everyone I look at says, "Made in China".

I have no intentions giving her dog chew toys, etc that are made in China.  

You can bet they don't have any kind of quality control, etc.

I think about her 'baby' chewing on chemicals.....it makes me sick.

I spent about 20 minutes today looking for toys to mail out to her.  I finally left with nothing.

I'm getting on the internet to check to see what I can find.

Respected Contributor

I figure I've done enough for my cats throughout the years by eventually doing all stuffed, wooden, metal and none-breakable ornaments.

Figure I was successful by all the ornaments in every corner each morning!

Denise
Respected Contributor

That is cool. I can not have it because my little wonder dogs would shred it to eat all the bones. In their excitement they would consume the yarn and evergreen and I would have two four legged Pez dispensing dogs expelling yarn and evergreen out their back side.

They would LOVE it! Me  not so much.

doxie