Honored Contributor

Got in the mail today a small package from Sambo's vet. It was one of those padded mailers and from feeling it, I thought it was one of those small books on how to deal with grief or about the rainbow bridge.  But no, it was a note from them and an impression of Sambo's paw and a lock of his hair.

Sambo's Rememberance.jpg

Honored Contributor

How very thoughtful of your vet.  I would have taken a look and burst into tears though.  It was very sweet of the office. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: From Sambo's Vet

[ Edited ]

Heart

Bless their hearts.....what caring, thoughtful people!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess This was a sweet gesture and you will have a little memento to always treasure of your baby.  Sambo left precious memories within your heart and now you will have something to bridge the gap to hold on to.  What a wonderful thing to do for your patients, this is most kind.

Honored Contributor

This is such a lovely, caring gesture. I'm sorry for your loss of Sambo. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   That was so nice of them.  My Vet makes the paw prints, but the lock of hair is an extra nice thing to do.  It brought tears to my eyes to read your post.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice and thoughtful gesture, @Icegoddess .  The vets that has put down my dogs have always sent a condolance card afterwards signed by the whole staff.

I like the molded paw print, but our furry friends have always been "let go" at our home.  I have always clipped a piece of their fur as a keepsake.  I never thought of making a paw print on my own.  

I hope you are doing better each day.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Occasional Contributor

Re: From Sambo's Vet

[ Edited ]

Icegoddess, so sorry for your loss of Sambo.  I have received a sympathy card and a little cat angel pin from the vet's office after my kitty passed.  I appreciated the gesture very much.  I had never seen the paw print and lock of fur done before.  How very kind of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  That is lovely.  Our vet has always done that.  The paw print is my favorite.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

What a kind thing to have done.  That will be a nice momento for you.

The only thing my vet ever does is send a card signed by the staff.

I wish I had remembered to cut off pieces of fur and make paw prints from my angels.  I did for a couple of them, but I guess I always thought I had time to do it "some day."  Then when the awful time came, I was in no condition to even think of asking for a clipping of fur.and had no paw print.