Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  I was just sitting here thinking about Frankie and wondering if her immune system is somewhat compromised, causing her to be susceptible to secondary infections?  I wonder if her having an enhanced diet with extra protein might help?  I know they advise nursing moms to have puppy food because it's high in protein.  You might ask the vet.  I find most vets have little information about nutrition.  All they know is what the Science Diet salesman tells them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@NickNack 

I'm sorry your Sweet Frankie's eye is acting up again.  I had hoped (as you) that she was doing better & it was under control.

Sweet Frankie, I'm asking your Mom to give you lots of hugs from me.  You're under good care.  I hope you're giving your Mom lots of licks.

Prayers & hugs that you feel better soon.  I think of you & Sweet Henry often.  Heart

@ScenicMaine   Thank you.  The swelling of her eye (her eye disease) is completely better.  I'm very pleased about that.  Her swelling of the eyelid is new.  I just hate that she has this on top of everything else.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack.  I'm so sorry to hear Frankie is not doing well.  My experience with immune mediated diseases is that they seem to constantly morph into one thing after another, each requiring new medications and treatments.  I hope your vet is experienced with these auto-immune diseases.  When I went through my experience with my collie, we saw a vet internist at a specialty clinic who was excellent, but even he ran out of ideas after a year.  I hope you have better luck and Frankie takes a turn for the better.

@Kachina624   We're seeing an ophthalmologist.  He seems to know exactly what he is doing.  He is moving out of town next month, and we are going to start going to an ophthalmologist at the Vet School.  We already have an appointment.  We went there once before when he was out of town.  The Vets there are excellent, too.  I've been there with other dogs for various reasos in the past.

I didn't realize that about immune mediated diseases.  That is frustrating to hear.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack.  I was just sitting here thinking about Frankie and wondering if her immune system is somewhat compromised, causing her to be susceptible to secondary infections?  I wonder if her having an enhanced diet with extra protein might help?  I know they advise nursing moms to have puppy food because it's high in protein.  You might ask the vet.  I find most vets have little information about nutrition.  All they know is what the Science Diet salesman tells them.

@Kachina624   I asked the ophthalmologist if her immune system was compromised, and he said the immune mediated eye disease she had didn't have anything to do with anything else.  She just had her annual exam with her regular Vet, and I asked her the same thing.  I'll ask them again when we go to the Vet school.  Also when I've Googled this eye disease it doesn't mention it having anything to do with anything else.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack,

For Frankie,

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/87/40/6a/87406a2c08f3db260ffe68bd8e39e277.jpg

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@NickNack,

For Frankie,

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/87/40/6a/87406a2c08f3db260ffe68bd8e39e277.jpg

Thank you @meallen616 .  Heart

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Sending tons of special healing

prayers and positive energy to your

precious boy and tons of warm

comfort hugs to the both of you.

(((((NICKNACK & HER BELOVED FRANKIE)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@NickNack 

Sending tons of special healing

prayers and positive energy to your

precious boy and tons of warm

comfort hugs to the both of you.

(((((NICKNACK & HER BELOVED FRANKIE)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Thank you @beastielove . Heart

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor
Really sad when we have to deal with our pets ailments. I have my 14 year old Maltese, exhibiting age related problems...that's what we're here for with our pets. I'll say, let us provide the best care, comfort, and veterinary needs if need be. Happiness comes in knowing we're doing our very best providing. Keep doing your best!!
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Really sad when we have to deal with our pets ailments. I have my 14 year old Maltese, exhibiting age related problems...that's what we're here for with our pets. I'll say, let us provide the best care, comfort, and veterinary needs if need be. Happiness comes in knowing we're doing our very best providing. Keep doing your best!!

I'm sorry for the old age problems your Maltese is dealing with @Dazlin .  I've had cats live past 14, but only one dog ever made it.  He died at 14 1/2.

-Henry David Thoreau