Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frankie's Crate Rest Situation

@NickNack 

Yep, 7 is at the beginning of senior/mature years for most cats, clinically (7 to 10)-- old enough for their AARP card, LOL.  They're elderly at about 11-14, then geriatric at 15+.

Frankie's a mess because she was rescued at @ age 1 from a hoarder's home, a small ranch house with 100+ cats, then was crammed with another cat into a cage meant for one cat for 2 years. Her immune system was long gone when we adopted her and the other cat, Fay Wray, who died last year at age 9.  The vet didn't think either cat would survive a month. 

The Vet said that she and Fay Wray have made a liar of him, as we adopted them in 2016. We like adopting pets that are special needs or that no one wants, everybody deserves some love and a secure home.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   I knew that Frankie came from a hoarder's home, but I didn't know about the small cage she was kept in.  That sounds horrific.  She and Fay Wray were very lucky you adopted them.

The Vet called about the MRI, and it wasn't the news I wanted to hear.  She is going to call me in the morning with the results of the spinal tap.  I will post about it tomorrow after I speak with the Vet.  I'm not trying to be vague.  I just am so heartbroken, and it's not simple to explain.  I think I'm going to bed in about thirty minutes and just try to get some sleep.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm sorry to hear this report. There's nothing like this kind of heartache. Our collective prayers will wrap around you to help you get you through this, I promise.

Report in when you feel able and are willing. Say as much or as little that you want, knowing that our virtual smooches and head rubs go out to Frankie. I'd love to hold one of her precious paws for just a minute, because through your loving words, I feel I know her.  In you, she has an angel looking out for all that is best for her.

Try to rest, although it will be tough. She is in excellent hands tonight and wants her mama to rest. Heart

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm so very sorry.  I hope you get the rest you need tonight to help you during this difficult time. 

Words are difficult for me now .. just know how much we all care & are sending you all hugs .. and more hugs.  Not to mention, the wonderful power of prayer.

Blessings to you, Sweet Frankie & Sweet Henry.  Holding you close to my heart.

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you ,and frankie.Heart

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

Any word on Frankie?

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@NickNack 

Any word on Frankie?

@Sammycat1   Frankie passed away this morning.  I had to let her go.  I was able to be with her.  I just posted a new post called "Sad News About Frankie."  Thank you so much for being there for me through all of this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau