Honored Contributor

Frankie, my dog, wants so much to be friends with Henry, my kitten.  She play bows and then she jumps a little bit like she wants to play.  Henry arches his back and hisses at her.  I guess it scares him when she jumps.  I don't feel like I should reprimand her for that, because that's how she always acts like she wants to play.  I wonder if Henry will ever be friends with her.  I guess it's too soon to tell.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Frankie, my dog, wants so much to be friends with Henry, my kitten.  She play bows and then she jumps a little bit like she wants to play.  Henry arches his back and hisses at her.  I guess it scares him when she jumps.  I don't feel like I should reprimand her for that, because that's how she always acts like she wants to play.  I wonder if Henry will ever be friends with her.  I guess it's too soon to tell.

@NickNack

I don't know how you teach a dog patience, but I'm so glad Frankie wants to play.   Yay!

Little Henry is soooo tiny, compared to the house he's in.  Every single thing is bigger than he is ..... he's just this tiny little furball, trying to get used to this new environment.   If you get flat down on the rug and look at eye level, everything is oversized ..... he lives in a house of giants with giant furniture!     

Henry will get more comfortable, and once he his confidence improves, he'll probably be wiping the floor with his big sister ... lol.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I think I'm going to try to get Frankie to sit when she is face to face with Henry.  He's obviously scared by her jumping at him and may never be friends with her if she continues doing that.  If I can teach her to sit and stay calm maybe they can be friends.  I'm trying to look at this from Henry's point of view.  She only weighs 23 lbs., but he just weighs 3.4 lbs.!  

Still, I'm VERY proud of her for being such a good girl and not chasing him.  That's what I was worried about.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Little Sir Henry is too cute, can't wait to see a pic with him sleeping with Frankie

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Little Sir Henry is too cute, can't wait to see a pic with him sleeping with Frankie

They sniffed each other today very closely and stayed close like that for a few minutes.  That's real progress!  I got him on Friday the 4th, so we're getting there.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, Yay, they are on their way. Soon they will be playing and sleeping 

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

They sniffed each other today very closely and stayed close like that for a few minutes.  That's real progress!  I got him on Friday the 4th, so we're getting there.  

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Just kidding, but every time I see this thread with new posts, I think OH BOY! NEW PHOTOS OF FRANKIE and SIR HENRY!

And then all I find are words. Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Just kidding, but every time I see this thread with new posts, I think OH BOY! NEW PHOTOS OF FRANKIE and SIR HENRY!

And then all I find are words. Cat Sad

@noodleann  I don't seem to have my phone at the right times!  I keep hoping.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Well, young lady, keep your phone in your pocket so you can take pictures when they are together.  

The Frankie and Henry Fan Club is anxious for news updates!  lol   Woman LOL