Honored Contributor

My dog, Frankie, has a UTI.  Yesterday was a beautiful day, and she kept asking to go outside.  I didn't watch her and assumed it was because it was such a pretty day.  Last night I took her out before we went to bed, and she walked around the yard for 30 minutes peeing.  She probably went 15 times.

Then we went to bed.  An hour later she started scratching on my bed to go outside again.  She was frantic.  This went on all night long.  I put down potty pads that I had from one of my previous dogs.  She used them a couple of times but doesn't really like to.  I'm not sure she understand that it's okay in times like this.

I called the Vet first thing this morning and took her in.  She does have a UTI and was put on an antibiotic for two weeks.  I hope it kicks in soon.  She's literally going outside every five minutes.  I feel so sorry for  her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Sending healing vibes for Frankie!

On the positive side, you are home with her, so at least she can go out when she feels like she needs to.  

Honored Contributor

Poor baby, poor @NickNack .  Like you say, I hope the antibiotics kick in fast.  I wonder if some yogurt would help?  I think I'd make her first dose or two a double.  I've had doctors tell me to do that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Poor Frankie! I hope the meds kick in quickly, poor baby!

Here I am when I get a UTI !!!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Poor baby, poor @NickNack .  Like you say, I hope the antibiotics kick in fast.  I wonder if some yogurt would help?  I think I'd make her first dose or two a double.  I've had doctors tell me to do that.

@Kachina624   I've heard that before, too, about doubling the first dose for people.  I did think about it but didn't do it.  She didn't get her first dose until an hour ago (12:30), and I'll give her the second dose with dinner, so they will be close together.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@NickNack 

Sending healing vibes for Frankie!

On the positive side, you are home with her, so at least she can go out when she feels like she needs to.  

@lolakimono   That's a good point.  I would hate to leave her.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thanks @KingstonsMom .  Frankie was crying last night.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

If it happens again and you give her wet food put a capful of apple cider vinegar in the food.  Just once a day.  

Hopes the medicine gets into her system quickly.  

Honored Contributor

Spirit has had this twice in the past months, last pill was 2 days ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

So sorry about Frankie.  I know when our pets suffer, we suffer too. Would you consider giving him a little D mannose?  It's a simple sugar that helps the bacteria not stick to bladder.

They have it for adults as well as pets. You could look at it and see what you think.