Esteemed Contributor

I'm so happy, because I saved 4 tiny lives.

Feline lives, that is.

When we moved here last summer, there were several cats here who were left by the previous homeowner. My neighbor told me at one time they had 27 cats.

Anyway, now there are about 6 cats here and we feed them and provide shelter for them.

Ten days ago, I went outside, and saw 4 little faces, looking up at me from their hut. I didn't even know we had kittens, until I saw them.

I went back inside and about an hour later, I heard a ruckus on the back deck --- I rushed out there and found that there had been some sort of scene.

I got the babies, brought them inside, and in 9 days, I had rehomed all 4 of them.  It makes me happy because, about 6 months ago, I discovered 3 kittens and was in the process of rehoming them when they all disappeared.

There are predators around here, so I assume they had been attacked.

Anyway, these babies are safe in new homes.

The last little dude was so cute, he slept with me --- and my 3 dogs --- the last night here, and he didn't move all night. He was awfully sweet......<3

The babies.........

17757514_1293394300710466_8959549952527936608_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

Excellent work, YorkieonmyPillow!  We have a harder time finding homes for the strays that we feed-- nine days is fantastic!  Our town has a surfeit of ferals and strays-- heart-breaking.

But we keep trying, and i'm inspired by your success!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Thanks!

One of the ladies who adopted a kitten told me she'd been searching for a kitten for months! I was surprised by that. She said the local shelter wouldn't adopt kittens out until they were old enough to be spayed/neutered.

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

What a good & kind thing you did for those sweet babies!  Can you get the adult cats “fixed” so it does not keep happening and the predators have to look for something else to eat besides kittens?  I know that is asking a lot, but it is so sad to think another batch could be in the works in no time.  Bless you for caring!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

What happened to the mom? They look very young in that photo. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Sounds like you need to school your neighbors on getting their animals fixed.  Good of you to take them in though and find them good homes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nice of you to be caring.  I think most of us would appreciate that.

Cats are predators, as well.  Ferals are a nuisance where I live.   I agree with anyone who advocates for spaying/neutering.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Havarti Already inquired; cost-prohibitive for me. Two of my dogs are seniors and on daily medication. Plus there is my grandpuglet's spay coming up.

@jaxs mom The mom is still here. I'd let her inside the nurse the kittens twice a day.

@hoosieroriginal It wasn't my neighbors who had all the cats; it was the people we bought this home from.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Havarti Already inquired; cost-prohibitive for me. Two of my dogs are seniors and on daily medication. Plus there is my grandpuglet's spay coming up.

@jaxs mom The mom is still here. I'd let her inside the nurse the kittens twice a day.

@hoosieroriginal It wasn't my neighbors who had all the cats; it was the people we bought this home from.

@YorkieonmyPillow - call your local animal shelter and ask about some spay clinics that might be free?  Otherwise, you're going to have a ton of cats to get rid of in the future.  Explain to them that you have taken this cat in.  There is help out there for those things.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow - call your local animal shelter and ask about some spay clinics that might be free?  Otherwise, you're going to have a ton of cats to get rid of in the future.  Explain to them that you have taken this cat in.  There is help out there for those things.

Yes this! Many areas have free spay/neuter for basically stray cats. These types of things are so frustrating for me. It is so irresponsible of the owners.