Super Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@TW

Holy moly......I ordered one this morning and it shipped this afternoon!  Can't wait!

That's why I love Etsy.  So many great artists, great customer service and most of all some support a worthy cause.

Super Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I like them and would order one, except I don't think my one year old cat, Henry, would use them.  I bought him a special cat bed before I got him as a kitten, and he's never gotten in it.  I also have a couple of dog beds that he's never touched.  He likes my furniture.  I've ordered a cat tree for him, so hopefully he will use that.

Rub some catnip on it when you get it.  He might like it.  Also some cat furniture smells when you first get it and might have to air out a little to lose the new smell.  My cats use the cat trees all the time and it saved my furniture. Ember did not use any cat bed until I got her this:

Pod.jpg

Super Contributor

BTW, my "two beautiful cats" had a rough start.  Sammy, the black one was thrown out in a paper bag as a newborn.  He had a huge wound on his belly and it was loaded with maggots.  Ember was pulled out of a drainage ditch by my vet tech's dog as a tiny kitten. Both were nursed to health by my vet who is a cat angel.  I was lucky enough to be able to adopt them once they were healed up and old enough to go to a home.  I had just lost one of my old timers when I saw Ember.  It was a match made in heaven.  She seems to have a little of the personality of each of my cats who have passed.  Rescues make the best pets.

Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

BTW, my "two beautiful cats" had a rough start.  Sammy, the black one was thrown out in a paper bag as a newborn.  He had a huge wound on his belly and it was loaded with maggots.  Ember was pulled out of a drainage ditch by my vet tech's dog as a tiny kitten. Both were nursed to health by my vet who is a cat angel.  I was lucky enough to be able to adopt them once they were healed up and old enough to go to a home.  I had just lost one of my old timers when I saw Ember.  It was a match made in heaven.  She seems to have a little of the personality of each of my cats who have passed.  Rescues make the best pets.

What an awful start in life for your beautiful babies.  They are very lucky they were rescued and adopted by you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I like them and would order one, except I don't think my one year old cat, Henry, would use them.  I bought him a special cat bed before I got him as a kitten, and he's never gotten in it.  I also have a couple of dog beds that he's never touched.  He likes my furniture.  I've ordered a cat tree for him, so hopefully he will use that.

Rub some catnip on it when you get it.  He might like it.  Also some cat furniture smells when you first get it and might have to air out a little to lose the new smell.  My cats use the cat trees all the time and it saved my furniture. Ember did not use any cat bed until I got her this:

Pod.jpg

I love the cat bed.  Henry doesn't respond to catnip, unfortunately.  I invested in some high quality catnip and tried it when I got him.  Then I read that sometimes they didn't respond to it until they were six months old.  I tried it again then and at other various times.  He also has many catnip toys.  He's just one that isn't affected by it.

I've read that about cat trees having odors.  I'm going to put it beside his food bowls and wonder if that will be a problem.  I hope not.  I can move his food for a few days if it is.

-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@TW wrote:

What an awful start in life for your beautiful babies.  They are very lucky they were rescued and adopted by you.

No, actually I was lucky they found me.

Super Contributor

I LOVE Etsy!!! Have found so many unique things there. Very nice sellers!HeartHeart

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Super Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@TW wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Pod.jpg

I love the cat bed.  Henry doesn't respond to catnip, unfortunately.  I invested in some high quality catnip and tried it when I got him.  Then I read that sometimes they didn't respond to it until they were six months old.  I tried it again then and at other various times.  He also has many catnip toys.  He's just one that isn't affected by it.

I've read that about cat trees having odors.  I'm going to put it beside his food bowls and wonder if that will be a problem.  I hope not.  I can move his food for a few days if it is.

I have several cat trees.  My original one is 20 years old and never smelled; still going strong.  A newer one I ordered last year smelled terrible for several weeks despite claiming to be non-toxic.  Just like everything else they don't make them like they used to.

Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@TW wrote:

No, actually I was lucky they found me.

Somehow I knew you felt that way. Smiley Happy

-Henry David Thoreau