Honored Contributor

Re: Found the Best Pet Sympathy Card at Target

@susan in California wrote:

@Pearlee

The card you purchased sounds wonderful.  The message is comforting.  Having lost our wonderful yellow lab last Feb 26, and dealing now with our son's wonderful dog who has a serious cancer and very little time left, I would appreciate a card like that.  It is so difficult; and yes pets are family.  Our other dog still with us is an SPCA dog turning ten in August. 

The only thing to hang onto is pretty much what the words your card expresses.

I'm glad you shared this information.

@Susan in California  Thanks for your kind words.  Yes, best to stock up on a few - you never know when they are needed. Smiley Sad

So sorry about your lab (wonderful dogs!)  and also your son's dog. Such a sad thing to watch - a beloved pet decline..... Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

One of the saddest ones I ever bought was at a pet boutique in Florida. On the front was an empty collar with dog tag attached to a leash.   So sad....... Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like a lovely card you got for your friend.  I know when we've lost various furbabies over the years,  pet sympathy cards sent to us brought us much comfort.

I agree that many stores are lacking in pet sympathy cards.  One place that I always find them is PetSmart...they have beautiful ones.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee

Favor please? 

I will also search on Etsy. 

If you have time to post the sellers name I would appreciate it greatly. 

You are a kind and thoughtful friend. Your friends are blessed to have you in their lives. 

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

Sounds like a lovely card you got for your friend.  I know when we've lost various furbabies over the years,  pet sympathy cards sent to us brought us much comfort.

I agree that many stores are lacking in pet sympathy cards.  One place that I always find them is PetSmart...they have beautiful ones.

@lOVETOSHOP

Thank you for the PetSmart information. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee Very nice of you to let people know where they can find the cards.  I was just recently looking in my glass cabinet and there are 5 wooden boxes with names and dates they died (filled with their ashes) of my cats.  They have all died since my late husband died.

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP  Thank you!

@butterfly123  It's  DressItUp4U  and she has several lovely ones - be sure to see them all.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

Thank you kindly for the information. 

@lOVETOSHOP @Annabellethecat66 @Susan in California @IlliniGirl88

I'm sorry about your wonderful furry family members. You're all loving and kind. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123  Right now I have Bill (he's orange and the love of my life) and I have Katie (she's so weird) she won't let me come near her unless I'm laying down on my bed at night and then it's for an hour or two....but that's OK.

Bill gets into everything.  He opens cabinets, tips over the huge trash can (food, food he lives for food).  He breaks all of his toys!  

We play red light, green light.  He even walks between my legs when I'm walking.  He isn't afraid of anything...

But he's my baby and I adore him.

Funny story....I have an Alexa.  My son-in-law says they work two ways and do I worry about someone listening to me....I laugh and say..."Well, no because if they want to listen to me they'd hear, "Bill!  Get down from there!  Bill stop it now!  Bill get out of the way!  Bill you must move...Bill two objects cannot occupy the same space, one of us must move"!  I said, "They'd look at each other and say, 'I don't know who Bill is but I'm sure glad I'm not him'.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Bless you, Bill and Katie. 

I'm happy that Bill and Katie have completely different personalities. Two Bill personalities would bore you. Ha!

We rent a duplex and the walls are thin. I have an Alexa also. The neighbor (who has a daughter named Alexa) came over and asked why I kept calling her daughter's name. The neighbor said "if you want to talk to Alexa, just come over". I'm okay with the neighbor thinking I'm nuts!