Honored Contributor

For all the big dog lovers out there (and those of us that just love furballs) :)

Some great pictures of our beloved larger breeds and those that are lucky enough to share their lives with them:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/vflt/natalyalobanova/pictures-that-prove-the-bigger-the-dog-the-better?u...

Valued Contributor

Re: For all the big dog lovers out there (and those of us that just love furballs) :)

Thanks for sharing!  I've always had bigger dogs (Golden and Lab) until my friend suggested a small dog for comfort on my lap.  I still miss my big dogs but as I loathe vacuuming, I do like my little dog.  However, he's a little dog with a big dog personality....a rescue (rat terrier/jack russell mix) who barks at his food, howls when the answering machine goes off, and jumps into my arms every night when I get home from work!  I will always have a place in my heart for my big dogs, though Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: For all the big dog lovers out there (and those of us that just love furballs) :)

I grew up with St benards.  My one would run then do a flying jump on my bed so hard the matress and the dog would fly off like the mattress is a flying carpet or worse  the bed slats would fall and the bed would go crashing to the floor. No fun when your sleeping when he did this  for it would scare me senceless

Esteemed Contributor

I have had big dogs and what I found out is "The bigger the dog, the bigger the baby", I love animals!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I have had big dogs and what I found out is "The bigger the dog, the bigger the baby", I love animals!

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed looking at the pictures @momtochloe.  Thank you for sharing!  😊

I've always loved Newfoundland pics, but I've never seen one in person.  

If we get a dog, I'm leaning toward a sheepadoodle, but we might end up with a micro or mini. 

Super Contributor

They're also great for the little ones to go mountain climbing ...

all3.JPG

Respected Contributor

LOVE big dogs!  Here's my beautiful Story: stretched out on the couch - lovin' life.

006.JPG

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

That that is certainly true with our Rottweiler!

Honored Contributor

I've been following Lauren Fern Watt on Facebook for over a year now.   She just released a book about her adventure with her 160# mastiff.    You can find the book on Amazon and I've found it to be very heart-warming.  Gizelle's Bucket List

I'm sad because I have a big dog now whose days are numbered but I don't think I can physically manage another big dog in my life when she crosses the Rainbow Bridge. 

Big dog, big heart.   

@momtochloe