Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   When Frankie died you suggested that I write a letter to her telling her how special she was and keeping it in her file.  I did that today.  I was able to put a lot of my feelings to words and felt good about it.  I am so glad that you suggested that.  Thank you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack I understand your heart ache.  My precious little pom died on Thursday and I'm grieving her loss.  And this covid thing prevented me from being with her at the hospital.  The doctor thinks that she had a stroke.  I adopted her from the shelter 4 1/2 yrs ago.  She was just the most loving, smart, adorable, toothless black pom with the white nose.  Tongue hung out which made her even cuter.

I will take the same advice and write her a letter and keep it with her pictures and paperwork.  

Blessings.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@NickNack I understand your heart ache.  My precious little pom died on Thursday and I'm grieving her loss.  And this covid thing prevented me from being with her at the hospital.  The doctor thinks that she had a stroke.  I adopted her from the shelter 4 1/2 yrs ago.  She was just the most loving, smart, adorable, toothless black pom with the white nose.  Tongue hung out which made her even cuter.

I will take the same advice and write her a letter and keep it with her pictures and paperwork.  

Blessings.

@Scooby Doo   Thank you.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  She sounds like she was very special.  I'm sorry you weren't able to be with her at the end.  That was a very hard part for me during Frankie's four week illness.  The Vet spent a lot of time talking with me on the telephone, but that's not the same as being in the room with them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

You're very welcome. I'm glad writing that letter helped give voice to your deep emotions and how you cherished your girl.  Difficult though it can be, doing this honors a special who shared your life. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Blessings.

So very sorry for your loss, @Scooby Doo .  The loves between us and our furbabies is so strong and never ending.  Your little pom will always be close by her mommy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Blessings.

@Scooby Doo 

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Pom, I hope the letter-writing idea hopes you in these early days...and all days you celebrate her.