Respected Contributor

Food Shortage for Fur Babies

Unfortunately our fur babies are gone, but I noticed several comments about food shortages. My little male guy was a picky, picky eater. The vet had us feed him lean, browned  hamburger meat and rice. We also gave him cottage cheese. He loved it and flourished. The vet also said roasted chicken was OK. We do not like dark meat, so when I bought a rotisserie chicken he got it. Are any of you needing to use human food?

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Shortage for Fur Babies

@On It 

We have cooked for many generations of doggies.  They are very health, happy, babies.

Fortunately, Chewy cares for our cats!  

YEAH!  Chewie !!!!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

So far my dog food from Amazon has arrived like clockwork.  Most of the shortages I've heard about were for cat food.  I used to buy Alpo and give them about a tablespoon to make their kibble palatable.  I haven't seen it anywhere for at least a year but there's plenty of other canned food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe    Speaking of Chewy...

Screenshot_20211128-143950_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My dogs eat a preminum dog food.  I always order it and can't always find it in pet food stores.  I am on auto ship and always have an unopened bag extra so I don't run out.  

My dogs eat very little people food...maybe some green beans on occasion.  If they eat chicken or hamburger, they get digestive issues.

I have noticed the empty shelves in the cat food isle....

Honored Contributor

The only human food my dog gets is 1/2 stick of string cheese as a treat on Sundays.  I don't want her begging for my food when I sit down to eat. Smiley Tongue

She does gets home made tortillas as a treat from my Mexican cleaning lady.  My dog was rescued from Mexico.  Reminds her of her original home. Smiley Happy

I do have a few cans of pumpkin just in case she developes digestive issues in the future.  So far, so good.

There are no food shortages in my area for 4 legged animals at PetSmart, PetCo, Chewy, PetSupplies Plus or the supermarkets in my neck of the woods.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I get Fancy Feast seafood at Sams club for our four kitties, they are often out so when they do have it I stock up and when they have it online I stock up also, I received 3 cases today.  I keep other cat food on hand just in case there have been times where I couldnt get there favorite but when they get hungry enough they eat the other brand.

Valued Contributor

My "old ladies" were in the local shelter a few years ago..The woman was shocked that we wanted older cats.BTW the hate each other to this day..We have an upstairs cat and a downstairs cat..They have everything they need in each place.

They got spoiled here very quickly..They only eat Friskies wet canned food..impossible to find in my little town.

I have been able to order variety pkgs. from Target..I got an delivery yesterday..There was a big mistake.

All the cat food was doubled and I was only charged for what I ordered..I called Target..I wanted to send it back..The woman asked "How far are you from your local shelter"?..When I told her she told me to donate the extras that I got..It wasn't worth it for them to have it picked up and re-processed..

Headed over there this morning..before the big snowstorm..

Kudos to Target!

Esteemed Contributor

My sister says there are serious cat food shortages.....

Honored Contributor

I order all my pet food from Chewy. No problem getting anything