Honored Contributor

🦜 Flyper? 🤣

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at Wed, Mar 17, 2021-6.09.40 PM.png

Your birdie can fly around the house w/o pooping on your head, floors & furniture while wearing this bird diaper.

Sold at Amazon-$29.99

Comes in 8 sizes

173836.gif

@Bird mama 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Better tell @Bird mama  about this.  She'll want one in every color, even though $29.99 seems a little steep for such a tiny garment.  Maybe she can buy one., use it as a pattern and make some. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's just what we need - birds flying in the house, diapered or not.

Honored Contributor

I've seen diapers for chickens, too. Some people have chickens as pets inside their homes. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've seen diapers for chickens, too. Some people have chickens as pets inside their homes. 

That is disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That is disgusting.

Chickens actually make good pets. You just don't want to keep them inside all the time. They need to be outside, too.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That is disgusting.

@roxxy1    What's disgusting? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

And, what about salmonella ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That is disgusting.

Chickens actually make good pets. You just don't want to keep them inside all the time. They need to be outside, too.

When my daughter was young, my sister bought her a chick in a small wooden cricket cage  for Easter.  Well, it grew up to be a nice size chicken. We were not allowed to have pets, so my mother kept it at her house.

She would stay in a large box at night in the laundry room and was allowed outside in the fenced in yard during the day.  She was tame and friendly. She would sit on your lap and like to be petted.

In the early evening, she would peck at the door and my mother would let her inside.  She jumped into the box and went to sleep.  They make great pets.

Finally, my mother had to give her up. An egg farmer took her, but she didn't get along with the other hens and she was allowed in the farmer's house where his children kept her as a pet.  My daughter named her Scratch.

Respected Contributor

I have lots of little parakeets and they have a very big cage, but every once in a while one escapes and flies all over my family room until I catch him.  They usually poop just the first time they take off, to reduce the weight for the flight.

Those little diapers are cute, but could be a bit impractical.

By the way, since salmonella comes from rat and mice droppings, all indoor pet birds no matter what kind they are (parakeet, chicken, hawk, canary, finch, cockatiel, etc.) who are not already infected at birth should be fine and will not pass it to humans, as long as people have strong sanitation practices.