Honored Contributor

I see it as cruel as it would cause a dirty behind on the poor bird with all the poop on the feathers in the diaper.   I know this is a Funny.... but on the REAL SIDE  it is a bad idea.  Yes, I have birds and I am a bird lover❤️

Respected Contributor

Whatta gorgeous faced dove.

I just rescued a pretty lil pigeon in distress last week. My husband & I fed him and housed him safe from the other birds (so they'd not pick on him as he could not fly) and then took him to a Wildlife Refuge out by Roxborough,PA... about a 30 minute drive from our house in Philly.

I checked on him and they said he wasn't poisoned by lead, however he has Neurological symptoms of yet to be determined origins.  

I fell in love with his soulful face.

He had me at his lil walk over to me when I sat on the concrete and he sat next to me and allowed me to feed him from my hand. 

I adore doves and pigeons, they are so pretty.

Respected Contributor

Loose Birds in the house can get hurt possibly flying into mirrors, windows, even framed pictures. They can also flutter down behind appliances, get caught by the cat or dog. The poop and bird dander, no thanks. It's bad enough to have a cage bird in the house. I don't wish him dead, but when he's gone there won't be another. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I see it as cruel as it would cause a dirty behind on the poor bird with all the poop on the feathers in the diaper.   I know this is a Funny.... but on the REAL SIDE  it is a bad idea.  Yes, I have birds and I am a bird lover❤️

@SeaMaiden  5 star reviews on Amazon.  As for a bad idea, apparently bird lovers have been using a different manufacturer flyper for years according to the YT reviews.  I've never heard of flyper.  I have a SIL who has a talking trained parrot that flies around the house.  It's trained to poop inside his cage, fly onto her shoulders & head w/hand signals.  She's never heard of flyper.  I am thinking about getting her 2 for Xmas.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif