Valued Contributor

IMG_0165.JPG

Valued Contributor

Picture of Sky playing on drying clothes.  She loves playing in pockets.

Super Contributor

So cute!!!

Valued Contributor

AShe is just over 4 ounces and a bundle of energy.  About a year old, gestimating as I really don't know her date of birth.

Honored Contributor

@Fiero Woman  So tiny and lighweight, like a sparrow or something.  I totally understand why you are so in love with her.  She's such a doll and so affectionate.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much.  She is very delicate and the Southern Speces is considered endangered.  Florida does not have that deisgnation.  Every day I look for a new fruit to feed her when she comes out to play.  Today I have Dragon Fruit.  I think she will love it  If not, the fruit will end up in my shirt pocket.  I thought she would love banana - not.  She tried to store it in my ear.  She loves mushrooms and boiled eggs.  LOL

Valued Contributor

She is like holding a sparrow.  I have a parrotlet, hand fed, and I can't tell a weight difference.  So very small.  

Honored Contributor

@Fiero Woman  Don't you find it's like living in a Disney movie?  Every morning I have a routine.  I sit on the floor in my hallway upstairs with Presto (youngest sparrow's) food/treat dish and her acrylic cup of water.  I talk to Poppi (he is my 12 1/2 year old sparrow who never was that into me, lol) and Grayson the pigeon runs up and down my left leg.

Sort of sitting like this with the left leg actually on the floor.

Image result for sitting down with one leg extended and one knee bent

Presto flies down and sits on my right arm and I say, want some water daughter? and she drinks out of her cup.  She then eats and runs up and down my right arm and crosses behind my next and runs up and down my left arm.  There is an abundance of food in 2 rooms for the sparrows - it's more reinforcing the bond with her.

The routine takes maybe 10-15 minutes of my morning and it's my sacred time of the day.  It's also like being Snow White in the forest, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama  Evenings are my time with Sky  She loves private time and I adore hiding nuts in my pockets.  I wear hubbys shirt with a lot of pockets.  I also put in grapes in with the nuts.  She plays for hours.  I would love to meet your birds.  They sound so sweet.  Anytime I am with my babies is my special time and I love making special foods for them.  It truly is like a Disney Movie.

Valued Contributor

IMG_0207.JPG