Valued Contributor

Re: Flight Attendant forces dog into overhead bin

@elated  I have an AKC Certified service dog, 12 lbs.  No, I will not leave him in a kennel, I have another pet that I have a pet service come in my home.  Kennels are pretty much awful and tramatic for the pet, they are exposed to everything and even abuse - last month 3 miles from me a kennel worker was taped swinging a small dog around and around by its leash - he was fired but the dog still suffered..  Anyway, Kai goes everywhere with me.  He is necessary for my health and I will not leave him behind.  That being said, the owner paid a price for a space under the seat.  I blame her and the flight attendant.  What an awful death for the puppy.  

Honored Contributor

@apple1964wrote:

@elatedwrote:

Why do stupid people have pets!!! Who in their right mind would allow this to happen to a pet. I would never have taken my dog on a plane. There are p!entry of good boarding kennels. Why would a human being allow someone to stuff their dog in an overhead bin. That is for luggage. Both of these idiots should be prosecuted. I think I have heard of everything and then I am proved wrong. What a horrible way to die!!! Too bad the law doesn't allow us to stuff them in an overhead bin on an airplane!!!!😈😢

I am sure the owners did not want this to happen. They paid to have there dog travel. I do not understand why a dog carrier was not another option? My heart and soul broke reading this so senseless.Woman Sad

The dog was in an airline approved carrier.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I read legislation is being introduced to prevent future incidents.

It seems pointless, like "please don't eat the daisies."  Any thinking person would not even consider placing a living creature in an overhead bin.  On the other hand, at least a law against it would make some unthinking person aware.

And there you have it, thinking vs. unthinking.  
I guess I answered my own question.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Fiero Womanwrote:

@elated  I have an AKC Certified service dog, 12 lbs.  No, I will not leave him in a kennel, I have another pet that I have a pet service come in my home.  Kennels are pretty much awful and tramatic for the pet, they are exposed to everything and even abuse - last month 3 miles from me a kennel worker was taped swinging a small dog around and around by its leash - he was fired but the dog still suffered..  Anyway, Kai goes everywhere with me.  He is necessary for my health and I will not leave him behind.  That being said, the owner paid a price for a space under the seat.  I blame her and the flight attendant.  What an awful death for the puppy.  

The kennel was a suggestion. I know plenty of pet services that come to your home and take care of them. I still would not take a dog on a plane. I think it would be stressful for them. They don't want to be pushed up under your seat. Please give them a break. There is not a lot of room in those airplane seats for a human being to be comfortable. IMHO, dogs don't belong on planes.