Esteemed Contributor

FRDb7CQ.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank goodness our little furry children can't get it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Love this.........we need a bit of humor sometimes.  Just sent to my vet's office : )

Respected Contributor

Re: Fido won't shake

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

I read that dogs can get it. This is on the American Kennel Club site:

"Li Lanjuan, an epidemiologist and representative of China’s National Health Commission cautioned pet owners in China to be vigilant about their own health and the health of their pets: “If pets go out and have contact with an infected person, they have the chance to get infected. By then, pets need to be isolated. In addition to people, we should be careful with other mammals especially pets.”

The CDC says that “while this virus seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now spreading from person-to-person.” The CDC recommends that people traveling to China avoid animals both live and dead, “but there is no reason to think that any animals or pets in the United States might be a source of infection with this novel coronavirus.”

Honored Contributor

Who says dogs aren't smarter than their owners?!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

"Li Lanjuan, an epidemiologist and representative of China’s National Health Commission cautioned pet owners in China to be vigilant about their own health and the health of their pets: “If pets go out and have contact with an infected person, they have the chance to get infected. By then, pets need to be isolated. In addition to people, we should be careful with other mammals especially pets.”

The CDC says that “while this virus seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now spreading from person-to-person.” The CDC recommends that people traveling to China avoid animals both live and dead, “but there is no reason to think that any animals or pets in the United States might be a source of infection with this novel coronavirus.”

@alicedee   The CDC has no reported cases of pets getting the virus. They suggest washing your hands after playing with your dog or cat as you should have been doing before. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@alicedee   The CDC has no reported cases of pets getting the virus. They suggest washing your hands after playing with your dog or cat as you should have been doing before. 

That's good to know, @Shanus .  I was reading it that you could possibly pass to dogs, but they couldn't pass to humans.  Thanks for the CDC clarification. 🌷

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

Amen @Shanus .  I have always washed my hands after petting my cats (and when I had a dog). 

It skeeves me out that most people don't! 

And I keep that in mind when I'm at their homes...

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm   I've also trained all my dogs not to lick me or others on the face. We all know where that tongue has been. Lol