Trusted Contributor

Re: Feral Mama/ Newborns/ 11 degrees.

@NAES1 

Thank you for your kind heart and your willingness to go great lengths to help these animals in need.  I will keep you and them in my prayers and hope you find the mama and her babies and they move into a warm house until they are ready to find a permanent home.  I am so glad that site has some possible tools to help you be successful in your good deeds.  I am so sorry the rescues were so non-responsive, but unfortunately I am not totally surprised.  It is very disappointing!  

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

@NAES1 

I am sure you already know about this but just in case...do you know about Have-A-Heart traps?  You can find them on Amazon and they are a safe way to capture animals to get them to safety.  Thought I would share just in case it is needed at some point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@NAES1 

I am sure you already know about this but just in case...do you know about Have-A-Heart traps?  You can find them on Amazon and they are a safe way to capture animals to get them to safety.  Thought I would share just in case it is needed at some point.

No, I didn't @Havarti ~ 

I have been emailing one of the sisters for the longest time.

She is apparently going to to do some Search WALKING, while checking around, asking if anyone has seen her, knows anything.

She saw a double wide heated house for pets some time after -AFTER- I mentioned the plan . Mmmmh? 

She lives 1 mile from her her sister, but there quite often.

I really do not believe they have that much, but she is cooperating what I had just signaled, as a plan.

No heated house until we have the kittens with my own eyes.  She does have her own cats, though. Thought that was ////sudden////  that she would BE going out this soon, after the offer. 

Thank you very much, Havarti .... I may end up doing this myself. Nothing surprises me anymore...PEOPLE!

I must have missed this post when 1st posted. Seldom on as I use to be.  I posted that I may gather some helpful information, and I did through you. Smiley Happy NAES

Trusted Contributor

@NAES1 

Happy to help in any way possible.  Sounds like some odd stuff with these sisters.  I hope all turns out well for the mama cat and her babies.  It would be hard enough to raise them in this cold, then have to keep moving the whole family, too.  Glad they have an angel like you looking out for them!  

If you need to get/use the Have-A-Heart trap, you just put food at the back of it and as the animal walks in to get it they set off a trigger that closes the door behind them.  The food is far enough in so the animal's tail does not get caught.  It is the safest way to trap an animal.  I donated one to my local police dept. so they could help others trying to capture lost pets.  It is used often and successfully to save animals.

Honored Contributor

The only problem with the Have-A-Heart trap in this instance is that it would leave the tiny kittens without their mother for warmth and food overnight.  They might not survive.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @NAES1, I hope and pray this heartbreaking situation will end well for mamma and kittens.  God bless you for all your efforts.  Shame on organizations that offer no help.

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCTwrote

Dear @NAES1, I hope and pray this heartbreaking situation will end well for mamma and kittens.  God bless you for all your efforts.  Shame on organizations that offer no help.

Pam

..................................................... !! 

Firstly, I wanted @dex  to know that I am taking this to our local TV station for their input, hoping that the [PET CREW NEWS] can send someone out to interview people in that area...

I have finally clued in and found a close proximity where one sister did see mama cat run out, heading out, running across a named lane. That may help.

Your idea was very insightful.

This particular website I had just noticed is all together new to me; I would say it is a social media of some type for locals within a range of 40 miles bringing news in or the ability for questions asking for advice.

I happen to see this exactly 8 days ago concerning different topics. A worth while channel for many different areas, i.e., weather, Interstates closed off due to traffic congestion, people in need, missing pets, road construction, et cetra. 

As mentioned before, I am willing to go there myself but my husband said no, it's not any place he ever wants me to be alone.

------------------------------------@PamfromCT -

I will post you later Sunday afternoon.

This has been one of the longest weeks ...and all due to a Real Life Situation.

One sister said she would do a walk Monday, the other sister apologized that she opened the garage door. The car was not even in working condition. An old empty former garage for storage.  

They, now, are preparing a basket with straw/w/ food so that the momma will bring the babies back(??)!!!!- {they must be older that which was is explained a disability, but can drive-...................... another car outside. 

Apparently there is food left out, if the one sister can reach or walk to the garage where the kittens were born.

Unfortunately, there are two other cats coming, also, at midnight, but neither sister knows if one is the mom cat.

Large Metropolis:

We just live in completely two totally separate areas. There was a shooting there just three weeks ago at a nearby gas station/ convenience side. Not a safe place. 

Please understand this is an area I am totally foreign to, but just under the boundary line farther away. Totally two different locations.         Cat Sad The kitties, though, +mom cat would not know that.

I am hoping that either the TV's Pet News Crew, or fire station can zoom in on this, and I'll pay for all necessities.

This will make a great news worthy story that is posted each night, here. This will reach a range of 50+ miles, or more...also it's viewed in that area. I hope that the mother has found a safe nesting area far from the elements, predators, and that the kittens have not been harmed from this weather. We will have a safe haven for the kitten if socialized with humans by 6 weeks old, then trap the mother for a spay and returned~~~

or if possible gained trust well enough to be adopted.... that I do not know "IF"

It's the best I can do under the circumstances.

Later, tomorrow, Pam. Heart

I know how difficult it WAS to return Toby.

As I mentioned, these foster pet homes  (not all...I want to believe), the shelters for pets are not everything -apparently- we thought.

I am so thankful that you did not need to go to any hospital, or have medical treatment for bites.

NAES Heart

What a dear friend you are~~