Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite picture of your pet (current or past pet)

@NycVixen

I love lovebirds. Tell me about them.  They are so pretty. 

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@NickNack

What a fantastic picture of your baby.

doxie

Thank you @doxie1.  Nick was very special.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

I love shelties and aussies too. I had a standard aussie with my great pyrenees. They were quite a team.

doxie

Trusted Contributor

3BBE051B-B2EA-4F2E-92F0-BC4BCA3FC647.jpeg

My beloved Mr. Tibbs  05/23/1997 - 03/29/2016

Respected Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@NycVixen

I love lovebirds. Tell me about them.  They are so pretty. 

doxie

Hi @doxie1. Thanks for asking. They are really beautiful. I have a peach faced lovebird. He has gradiations of different colors ranging from bright coral, soft peach, green and his tail feathers are a vibrant blue. He yawns just like humans do and it's so adorable. About every other day he takes a bath by the window in a glass plate incense burner I had before I got him. If the dish is not there, he turns around and chirps at me and then waits till I get it for him.

One of the cutest things he does is when he's happy he chirps excitedly and lifts his head. I love when he does that; it's pure joy. They are so smart and playful. Very energetic so they need mental stimulation. I also love it when he jumps onto his swing like a little kid and goes back and forth. When I work from home he comes to visit and lands on my head, the desk and the keyboard.

He loves when my DH plays guitar and gets on top of him and becomes more engaged with us. He just loves music. His favorites are reggae, pop and this weekend I found out he really likes flamenco. He sings along and follows the beat. It's been a true blessing having him.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@doxie1, Yes, she thinks she owns the place.

Yesterday she gave me a big scare, she was outside running in the yard and came  back in foaming at the mouth, her tongue was purple and curled. I rinsed her mouth and gave her Benadryl, she was back to normal after an hour or so. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Doxie .... yes, that is a dog biscuit near Mo's paw ... he had to share the bed with two female cocker spaniels... he loved his "dog-sisters"   ;-)                                       @doxie1

Sharons samsung cell pix 037.jpg