Respected Contributor

I used to live in Florida for 24 years and I think this is such a funny phenomenon!  There was a news article about someone who didn't know any better rounded up 20+ of the iguanas and put them in his car.  You can just imagine the s**t-show when the iguanas warmed up and got very active in his car when he turned on his heater, lol!  

84764E4C-C0E8-42D0-AB8F-D01D97FD07F2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Anyone who puts a wild animal in their car (why?) deserves it falling on them.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

It wouldn't be funny at all if one fell on my head!

I'd be all elbows and heels trying to shake it off, LOL!

I'm in GA, about 1.5 hours from Jacksonville, FL and that's close enough to FL for me.

No pythons, boas roaming or iguanas falling from the sky!

Image result for nervous cat gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee 

Becuase some people are humanitarians toward any living creature....we're all God's children.

We pick up poor turtles trying to cross the highway, stray animals, etc., no regrets.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I can see someone doing a rescue mission like that. I feel bad every winter when reports start that they're falling from trees. 

One winter there was an Anole on my deck that I thought had frozen to death. I couldn't help myself and picked it up. I cradled it in my hands. It was still and cold as ice. Suddenly it squirmed. 

Well, I kept that Anole in the warmth of my home, feeding it mealworms, until all chances of freezes were over. That Anole became a frequent visitor when I'd be seated on the deck. It would walk right under my feet and just turn it's head and look at me. 

After that experience, I challenged anyone who would put down someone by calling them a, primitive, lizard brain. This little creature was aware of having been cared for. It clearly had a memory, that I was no threat to it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Falling Iguanas

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch 

You're my hero, 100 Hearts

We've also rescued many raccoons and possums too and took them to rehab centers.

Many people look at possums like ugly, big rats but they're living, breathing creatures too.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom I'm glad to hear you rescue, too. These critters need all the help they can get. 

I need to figure out how to post pics, because I have possum pics that are so adorable. One with a mom with three babies on her back.

Two of the babies still frequent my yard. One's MIA. Probably didn't make it.

I have to check my yard really carefully for my dog's late night potty break. Funny that they know if I see them, I will be ushering them to safety. They're like, oh no, here she is again. But they've never been aggressive. I adore them, and possums have many beneficial traits, too, that some may not realize.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

LOL!

I know what you mean about spotting them at night, we use a flashlight to shine around the yard first, they always look toward the light and their eyes glow like 2 headlights!

They're smarter than you think, it didn't take them long to recognize that the flashlight meant to vamoose....here comes the dogs!

Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee,  the gentleman thought they were dead and harvested them to eat.  Being from a warm climate, a South American country if I recall correctly, he was unaware of the falling iguana phenomenon.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp 

Thank you!

That sheds a whole lotta light on this story!