Respected Contributor

I've heard about them falling from trees. Such a funny picture in my head of that but it seems for them not so funny. 

We're rescuers too. There was a lizard in my craft room closet for days that my husband finally saved. We've rescued many a baby bird and picked up turtles from the middle of the road. I once sat in a store parking lot for an hour with a lost dog. 

Respected Contributor

This is a really cold day!  

809EF931-CDCF-4C15-8B64-44A7F13E2446.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Marp 

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I can see someone doing a rescue mission like that. I feel bad every winter when reports start that they're falling from trees. 

One winter there was an Anole on my deck that I thought had frozen to death. I couldn't help myself and picked it up. I cradled it in my hands. It was still and cold as ice. Suddenly it squirmed. 

Well, I kept that Anole in the warmth of my home, feeding it mealworms, until all chances of freezes were over. That Anole became a frequent visitor when I'd be seated on the deck. It would walk right under my feet and just turn it's head and look at me. 

After that experience, I challenged anyone who would put down someone by calling them a, primitive, lizard brain. This little creature was aware of having been cared for. It clearly had a memory, that I was no threat to it. 

I love this story, thank you for sharing, @BlueFinch

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY - humane folks don't give their actions a split second thought, they just react to and try to help.

You said what I was thinking - but then again....of course you did!

Respected Contributor

Re: Falling Iguanas

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch 

You win - your story makes you MY personal hero - you won the day in my heart for your extraordinary kindness to a lil ol lizzard. 

You are a HUMANE HERO and I applaud you for giving a dang!

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 

Hugs for your HUMANE  HEART - I love people like you - always doing right by animals.