Esteemed Contributor

FURBABIES ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!

A while back I started leaving a bowl of water in the bedroom nitely.  Eddy used to get up sometimes during the nite and go to his water in the kitchen, so this alleviated the click,click,cick on the tile floor.  So nitely, I fill up a porcelean bowl with fresh, cool well-water; and, every nite he's begun sipping his water before going to bed.  Tonite, I had to laugh.  The bowl was almost full!  Eddy likes the bowls I got from amazonsmile; six bowls, all diffrent colors, but he loves to eat/drink from these bowls!  He will actually go to the bedroom to sip his water, instead of drinking from his SS bowl, while in the kitchen! So, I remembered as a child having a special cup, dish, mug, etc. - you remember we all had various characters (often from jelly jars) that we just had to have!Woman Frustrated

Some of Eddy's other childish antics:

Often in the morning, he likes to be hand-fed.

At lunchtime, I must prep our meals side-by-side, pretending to use the exact               same ingredients (down to pretending to use salt and pepper!). And, then he

he won't eat until I put his bowl on the floor in front of my rocker as I eat while

watching Y&R.

When he's out playing in his yard, if I call out num-num's ready, he'll be on

his way in immediately (much faster than my calling him just to come in).

Anyways, these are just a few quirks of Eddy's and was wondering what childish habits you furbabies have.  Care to confess?Woman Very Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FURBABIES ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!

Nothing like that. My cat Bootsie sleeps with his mommy most of the night. Also when I adopted another fur baby she is very jealous of her new sister even after 2 yearsplus.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme.   After Eddy drinks all that yummy water at night, does he get you up to go outside?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

One of mine has an internal alarm clock that could put the atomic clock to shame.  Beyond that they are collectively like perpetual 3-year-old toddlers.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@eddyandme.   After Eddy drinks all that yummy water at night, does he get you up to go outside?

Actually, @Kachina624 , Eddy makes his pitstop before drinking his bedtime water!Woman LOL  He empties out then fills up againWoman LOL!

We do get up early and I can't go back to sleep, but he zonks out on his jitchen bed,

Honored Contributor

I always had an extra bowl of snacks and a dish of water for Kitty !!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'll bet the SS bowl makes the water taste different.  I don't like drinking out of a SS bottle.  It definitely makes the water taste metallic to me.

i keep a bowl of water in my master bath.  My dogs can get a drink when they want to at night and not have to navigate the stairs to go down to the kitchen in the dark.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I'll bet the SS bowl makes the water taste different.  I don't like drinking out of a SS bottle.  It definitely makes the water taste metallic to me.

i keep a bowl of water in my master bath.  My dogs can get a drink when they want to at night and not have to navigate the stairs to go down to the kitchen in the dark.  

Good point, @Carmie , I never thought of that!  He must be a truly sensitive eater!  Never had a furry one who minded SS before.  Will have to look into getting a larger procelean bowl for his food and drink.  

I still remember when he first came here, he'd drink water from his bowl and be happily  waggin' his tail - figured he didn't like NYC water.  Now Eddy apparently become a real Foodie!

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

DiningRocko.jpg

Enough said.

Rocko, our late F3 Bengal cat (who are known to become very bonded to their humans) would pester us unmercilessly when we were eating - crying, jumping on our laps and shoulders, even though his food  dish was about 5 feet away on the floor.

Finally gave up one night and put his dish on the table with us.  Problem solved.

Fortunately, we later adopted his great-grandma (a retired breeder) and he caught on to dining with her.  Cat LOL

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

DiningRocko.jpg

Enough said.

Rocko, our late F3 Bengal cat (who are known to become very bonded to their humans) would pester us unmercilessly when we were eating - crying, jumping on our laps and shoulders, even though his food  dish was about 5 feet away on the floor.

Finally gave up one night and put his dish on the table with us.  Problem solved.

Fortunately, we later adopted his great-grandma (a retired breeder) and he caught on to dining with her.  Cat LOL

@denisemb 

LOVE  IT  !