Esteemed Contributor

FOODS YOU THOUGHT YOUR FURBABY WOULDN'T LIKE BUT DID!

Went grocery shopping this afternoon.  Picked up some bologna on sale (like fried with eggs) and also while at the deli got a pound of seafood salad on sale (I normally do eat it, but remembered when I was taking care of my mother, a 'treat' sometime would be grinders - veggie for me, seafood for her <which she really enjoyed!>).  

Anyways, while I was putting our stash away, I gave Eddy a slice of bologna.  Then, I sat down to taste the seafood salad (just me and him so double-dipping okay).  Well, Eddy gave me the 'I want some' look. So, I fed him a larger chunk of the mock seafood.  He loved it!  I know our furbabies like tuna and other fish, but his truly enjoying the seafood salad really floored me!Woman Wink

So anyone want to share some of their furbabies surprising likes?

Honored Contributor

Re: FOODS YOU THOUGHT YOUR FURBABY WOULDN'T LIKE BUT DID!

[ Edited ]

our bichon enjoys salad with italian dressing......lettuce, tomato, cucumber. LOL

he also likes a raspberry vinaigrette on his salad. Smiley Wink

of course, he loves quite a few things! he has definitely become more of a beggar as he has grown older.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

@eddyandme 

My cat LOVES mini marshmallows. Don't think about dropping one when making hot chocolate, she'll knock you over getting to it.

Yes, it's a cat or a really good disguise!!!

Respected Contributor

One of my cats, now deceased, liked juice from jalapeno peppers.  He LOVED Subway sandwiches, especially if jalapenos were included.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a 7 month old kitty who likes bread and potato chips. I think it’s the salt. I used to have another kitty who loved angel food cake. She would even try to drag the bag upstairs.

Respected Contributor

My first cat used to love eating corn on the cob. She would put both paws on the corn like a person and eat away!

I have a cat now that like tiny pieces of potato chips. I think she likes the crunching sounds.

My dogs are all-purpose eaters!

Honored Contributor

My two dogs will eat anything that is people food.  My granddaughter gave them garlic pickles once and they even ate those.

They will eat anything made with vinegar and salad dressings, all veggies, sauerkraut.

I can't think of anything they won't eat.  They are both food driven and I do not want them to eat from the table, but if they get a chance, they will go for it.

Honored Contributor

Growing up we had cats. And one cat loved watermelon. He would grab the piece of watermelon with his claws and paw and lick and eat the chunk of watermelon. And then move on to the next chunk of watermelon. 

He was interesting to watch him eat using his paw/claws. That was the only food he ate with his paw/claws and the only fruit he ate.

Esteemed Contributor

When I had a dog........I picked up bologna on a whim b/c I really never liked it; but thought Cocoa would.  She gave me the most insulting glare and you could see her nose actually turn-up........and walked away.

Frequent Contributor

My dogs love salads.   When I am making a salad all three sit and stare at me for the lettuce.   They really love any kinds of vegatables.   I buy bags of baby carrots for them.   They know exactly where they are in the fridge.