Esteemed Contributor

Re: FESS UP. DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP WITH YOU?

@Shanus

photo.JPG

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I love that cartoon @pattypeep! But I still always make room for my hubby in our king bed. ;o) 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@febe1 wrote:

I had a beautiful, friend, companion, one of the family rescue dog for 18 years. He always slept at the bottom of our Queen size bed.

The funny thing, @Shanus, if you happened to just lightly touch him while turning, he got real mad and growled at you. Smiley Happy I always said, "How dare you?" 

That's what HE said.    ;-)
Honored Contributor

Our dog is 85 pounds and he wants to lie on my feet and I can't sleep.  Also, we have a queen size bed so that's two average adults and one prteen in the same bed.

I got him an orthopedic dog bed with a fleece blanket which has to be refolded every night because he has to build his nest and that is a sight on it's own!   Then, while DH brushes his teeth, I'm in the floor hugging and whispering.  The dog won't go upstairs or to bed unless I take him.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG, my dog is just the opposite. Actually, I have two dogs but this one is his own boss. He will be sitting on the sofa or lying on the floor. I'll be reading or something and not notice he has disappeared. I'll go looking for him and find him asleep on my bed. I'm a night owl and don't always go to bed until late. I guess he needs his beauty sleep.

Respected Contributor

A 1 Bo & Gracey 008.jpg

YES!

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@ECBG, my dog is just the opposite. Actually, I have two dogs but this one is his own boss. He will be sitting on the sofa or lying on the floor. I'll be reading or something and not notice he has disappeared. I'll go looking for him and find him asleep on my bed. I'm a night owl and don't always go to bed until late. I guess he needs his beauty sleep.

LOL - Sorry, he wasn't waiting. Our dog would always follow my husband to bed and leave me. He liked my husband's hours better than mine.

Valued Contributor

Yes,  I am on dogs # 7 and 8 and all of my dogs sleep with us if so inclined....sometimes they choose not to Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@BornToShop I have the book about Walter. Sadie and Molly read it to the granddaughters. They love the story.

@Shanus & @qvcfreak, my son was so obsessed with the Walter series, I had to get him the giant Walter as well...equipped with volume enhanced farts , lol.  

IMAG0252_1.jpg

Honored Contributor

One of my Labs allows me to sleep with him, in my bed. Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras