Respected Contributor

Re: FESS UP. DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP WITH YOU?

@SurferWife wrote:

@kdgn...We bought him from a family that bred his mother; not really a kennel (more like a back-yard breeder...grrr!). We live in Hawaii and he was born here.The family tried to get us to take Toby's mama, too ( they were probably tired of breeding her, the A-holes!), but our landlord would only allow us to have one. Otherwise I would have rescued her, that poor sweet baby.

He looks like he comes from a good line appearance wise. His body build and coloring are so much like my younger guy's and that's a bit unusual. But I know his litter brother stayed in CA- But your Toby is a beautiful boy. He's probably ready to blow his coat or have you shaved him down for that reason? 

If you are on Facebook there are a couple of Tibetan Spaniel groups, some are public and some are closed membership. Only requirement is that you are owned by a Tib. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop, aw even the toy sleeps in bed, too cute

Trusted Contributor

When my sweet boy, Sam, was here, yes.  He was an 8 pound doxi and slept by my side for 20 years.

Now that I have a greyhound?  No way.  My bed isn't big enough for me, the dog, and those legs.  They are a mile long.  She's a good 30 inches from head to toes.  She has a dog bed at the foot of my bed and sleeps there every night. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago, yes, they slept with us. But we have a Yorkie now that we crate trained and he doesn't want to leave his bed in the crate. The crate is a wire type and large so we call it Lennon's house.  Door is open but he stays in all night.  We tried to put him in bed but he gets nervous and we're afraid he'll jump down and hurt himself. 

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

When my sweet boy, Sam, was here, yes.  He was an 8 pound doxi and slept by my side for 20 years.

Now that I have a greyhound?  No way.  My bed isn't big enough for me, the dog, and those legs.  They are a mile long.  She's a good 30 inches from head to toes.  She has a dog bed at the foot of my bed and sleeps there every night. 

@Shaunac  You were so lucky to have your boy for 20 years!  The longest I've ever had a dog is 13 years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

Thank you.  He was and still is the love of my life.

I believe he lived so long because I walked him every day and he was an indoor dog.  It took a full 1.5 years to not cry on demand each time I thought of him. 

Super Contributor

@SurferWife, He is precious!

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 My little girl sleeps the same way..although there is a doggie bed on my bed...my kitty who passed away about a year ago would sleep on the pillow right next to my head.

Super Contributor

Yes, both of my little dogs do,  One of them even brings her toy lambs with her!

Super Contributor

Interesting! I do feel much calmer with my little toy poodle sharing my bed...wouldn't have it any other way..