Honored Contributor

Re: FESS UP. DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP WITH YOU?

@kdgn...We bought him from a family that bred his mother; not really a kennel (more like a back-yard breeder...grrr!). We live in Hawaii and he was born here.The family tried to get us to take Toby's mama, too ( they were probably tired of breeding her, the A-holes!), but our landlord would only allow us to have one. Otherwise I would have rescued her, that poor sweet baby.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny story ...  I don't have a dog ... but I do like dogs and dogs like me!

When my parents were alive - I would go stay with them when my brother and SIL went on vacation.  My parents had a dog (a Pug), and we would take care of DB's dog (a very large sheep dog) while DB was away.

Both dogs "insisted" on sleeping in bed with me every night.  Sheep dog on one side / Pug on the other.   I couldn't turn over in bed!

Other peoples dogs have slept with me!  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA

Having 'animal magnetism' is a compliment and a blessing.  8)

Respected Contributor

No, I sleep with the dogs, lol!

IMAG0049.jpg

Super Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Wahoogaz wrote:

Yes, all 4 sleep with us ... the cats did too when we had them.

13aug2016 014.JPG

Love your DDB in the middle!!!

@AmericanBulldogMom ... Thanks. You'd think she'd be the leader of the pack, but she's not. She loves having her boys around and pretty much let's them do whatever they want to her.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom oh so true- my one boy ALWAYS sleeps with me when hubby is out of town, without fail. It is like he just senses he should. I think it is sweet. When my other one was still alive, he too would get up and sleep in the bed ONLY when my husband was out of town and never ever any other time. I forgot all about that until you mentioned that. I guess maybe they feel protective of us! Heart

Respected Contributor

No, but her dog bed is in my bedroom.  She's too little and old to be able to jump on the bed anymore.  The few times she did sleep on my bed I had very little room.  My little 20 pounder would stretch out across the bed leaving me very little room.  She loved it, though.   Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom oh so true- my one boy ALWAYS sleeps with me when hubby is out of town, without fail. It is like he just senses he should. I think it is sweet. When my other one was still alive, he too would get up and sleep in the bed ONLY when my husband was out of town and never ever any other time. I forgot all about that until you mentioned that. I guess maybe they feel protective of us! Heart

@HappyDaze I completely agree with you. I think thats why he ALWAYS has to be touching me when he's in the bed, even though it's a king size with just him and I. If I move, he knows it, it somethings not right, he knows exactly where "mom" is. He never leaves my side. He loves everyone, but I do believe the "guardian" in him would show if it had too. He keeps me "safe", especially when he's the "man of the house" when hubby is traveling. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

Yes, all 4 sleep with us ... the cats did too when we had them.

13aug2016 014.JPG

Hahaha, this picture cracks me up.  I especially like your big guy in the middle!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Research shows that inviting your dog (don't have experience w/ cats) into your bed is a total sign of acceptance and love to them. They are den animals and inviting them into the owner's "den" calms and soothes them and us, too.

How interesting; I had no idea!