Trusted Contributor

Re: FESS UP. DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP WITH YOU?

Abby sleeps with us, I should say with my husband. Same bed but she adores him. Stays in bed till he gets up. I get up earlier. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, and I would not have it any other way. I even have stairs for them to go up and down as they please. My 2 Sheltie girls often sleep in the bed, my boy does not but I think that they are  the bosses and keep him off of the bed. 

Honored Contributor

Yes.  Husband and I sleep near the edges while the dog is spread out between us...think the letter H.  If I'm napping, he'll go under the comforter.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife, what a cute pup.  Is he a Tibetan Spaniel?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy...YES! My sweet little boy named Toby!

IMG_0381.JPG

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Out of the three most recent, only one does and not all the time but most of the time (more in the fall and winter than the spring/summer). The other two liked to lay on the bed but they'd always get down on their own and lay on their beds next to ours when we are getting into bed. My dog is bigger than me (135+ lbs) and he hogs up the bed and yes, his head is always laying on a pillow next to my pillow. But having him lay with me is calming to me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife  Really cute little dog.  I'd just like to plant a kiss on him. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SurferWife  Really cute little dog.  I'd just like to plant a kiss on him. 

@Kachina624...he's a lover. He would definitely kiss you back!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I think nothing is more uncomfortable than a dog sprawled across your bed . This is why LL Bean makes dog beds. When we had our dog DH would let her up on the bed and it drove me crazy! She knew that was not happening when he wasn't home and she would sleep contentedly on her dog bed all night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course.  There is nothing more calming than being snugged up with her!  Having her there makes waking up from an unsettling dream less stressful.  The bond is way closer if you do and while it's a personal choice I will never understand why anyone one would ban their dog from anywhere in their house except for safety concerns or health issues.  My dog is family and 100% a part of my life and not just a part of my life as long as it's "convenient" for me.