Honored Contributor

FESS UP. DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP WITH YOU?

When we just had Sadie, she was a permement guest in our bed every night. She started out at the foot of our bed on her blankie & then moved her way up between us. Sometimes when I woke up, her head was on my pillow!!

When we got Molly, Sadie had developed the beginnings of Cushings and trusting her not to have to pee (in our bed) during the night was an issue.

To make her still feel welcome & not blame Molly for displacing her (OK, human feelings, but to me they have those feelings and think like me), we put a big dog bed in our room and they're welcome to sleep there. Sadie can still excuse herself & use the doggie door.

Is your pet in bed with you?

Honored Contributor

Re: FESS UP. DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP WITH YOU?

Misty sleeps at the foot of the bed against my feet.  She doesn't get under the covers... too hot for her.  Bing prefers the floor where he's cooler (warm air rises).  We sleep with the window open every night of the year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

No.  That's where I draw the line.

Honored Contributor

Yes, he does...right SMACK DAB between our heads. He expects his tummy to be scratched until he falls asleep, which I gladly do every night. He is the king of the house!

IMG_0115.JPG

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

My beagle Lily sleeps near my feet and lower legs.  Occasionally she will come farther up and put her head on my chest.  She does not sleep under the covers though.  I have a separate blanket I cover her with.

Valued Contributor

Proudly and without reservation.  Beagle sleeps under the covers and the Sheltie is at the end of the bed or in his doggie bed.  He also stretches out on the linoleum.

Had a Boston rescue that would sleep next to me on the pillow.  She was very special.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we have two little dogs who sleep with us.  I keep a clean white flat sheet on top of the bedding that is washed a couple of times a week.  The dogs are supposed to stay on  that,

One of our dogs dogs will sleep right on the pillow where our head is sometimes during the night.  We call her our red fur hat.

Our bed is high so that dogs can't jump up, but when we are in our camper the dogs sneak up on the bed to sleep during the daytime.  Red dog pulls down the quilt and moves the pillows around and finds a comfortable spot. She throws the shams on the floor.

IMG_0231.JPG

Doesn't she look comfortable in the bed she unmade?  Her sister is on the bed too.  She is the black spot in the right hand corner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't hold him back...nor would I want to.  I have an under the bottom-sheet heating pad that covers the bed and he has his back stretched out wedged between the pillows so he gets the heat on his spine, but his belly is up for the breeze of the overhead fan. The bed is very high so a covered chest that is about half the height of the bed was placed so he can jump up/down off the bed at will.  He has a doggie door next to the bed in case he needs to go out during the night, but he still wakes me up to take him out as he thinks it is a required spectator sport.  Rough life...my little boy!

Honored Contributor

SurferWife...our kids could be twins!  

@SurferWife wrote:

Yes, he does...right SMACK DAB between our heads. He expects his tummy to be scratched until he falls asleep, which I gladly do every night. He is the king of the house!

IMG_0115.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

NO but my kitties do.  ONe on each side of me.  I call it being encatsulated.