Trusted Contributor

Extremely alarming situation

Somewhere in Seattle and the surrounding suburbs, someone is murdering cats. So far, s/he has killed 7. I won't describe the mutilation because it's just too sickening.

What's also alarming is that people who do this--often very young people, even children--often move on to torturing and killing people.

For God's sake, keep you pets safe--preferably indoors--and remember to hug and kiss them every chance you get. They may not like it but YOU need it.

Hugs and kisses and love to my baby boy cat, BooBoo. And to everyone else's pets.

Honored Contributor

Re: Extremely alarming situation

This is why my two cats are indoors only. No details are necessary for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's the old argument - dogs have to licensed, leashed and not annoy neighbors by barking.  Cats (by law) require none of this  and can walk freely getting in gardens - killing song birds - and, in some cases, not having an owner and becoming 'wild'.  I wouldn't kill a cat - nor own one - but aware laws are different.

Respected Contributor

@fthuntNo argument. MUTILATION is NOT O.K.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

It's the old argument - dogs have to licensed, leashed and not annoy neighbors by barking.

I wish it were true that dogs were required to not annoy neighbors with their barking.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

It's the old argument - dogs have to licensed, leashed and not annoy neighbors by barking.

I wish it were true that dogs were required to not annoy neighbors with their barking.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr  As the owner of 2 beagles, there are very few ways to keep your dogs from barking when other dogs are going by, neiborhood kids come by & put their hands through the fence to pet them, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

It's the old argument - dogs have to licensed, leashed and not annoy neighbors by barking.  Cats (by law) require none of this  and can walk freely getting in gardens - killing song birds - and, in some cases, not having an owner and becoming 'wild'.  I wouldn't kill a cat - nor own one - but aware laws are different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does that have to do with someone mutilating and murdering cats, in an extremely painful and cruel way?

Respected Contributor

What is also alarming is that these individuals who do this often get away with it. If they do get caught they get a slap in the wrist. Killing and hurting animals is a crime and deserves punishment. It is a life that has been taken away. Jail time, in years and in prison for first offenders. No looking the other way.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope they are caught soon...