Honored Contributor

Exciting News From The AKC

[ Edited ]
I just learned yesterday that miniature Australian Shepherds have been recognized as an approved breed and can be shown in AKC shows. Owners and breeders have been working for years for this. They will be called Miniature American Shepherds. They are the most adorable, smart little dogs. I'm a big fan. My little girl Joy, died two years ago and was the most intuitive dog I've ever owned.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Exciting News From The AKC

Interesting; didn't know there was a mini.
Super Contributor

*disappointed*

I was kinda hoping that the exciting news was the AKC were going to ban tail docking.  I could have got super excited about that.

Trusted Contributor

I'll look forward to seeing them at Madison Square Garden next year.  I have a tri Aussie who is just the best dog in our state.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Wismiss, me too! I can hardly wait to see them in the show ring. I have an aged red tri Aussie girl and 3 collies. The Aussies are my favorite breed. They're just too active for me these days. I know a breeder near me that has mini pups for sale but I just look at the pictures.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

While I am sure they are wonderful dogs, I am not  fan of how they produce miniture of any breed.  There ae many "disguards" along the way.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Clover29 wrote:

*disappointed*

I was kinda hoping that the exciting news was the AKC were going to ban tail docking.  I could have got super excited about that.

Hear, hear!!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Can't wait to see them compete!