Honored Contributor

Cambridge , is having this again, everytime,the grass turns green ,we go through this, any one  have a dog with this,not food allergies?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, itching scratching all over, we asked our vet and zyrtec is recommended for our dog, check with your vet to ask. Starts up in April every year. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Environmental allergies

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

Added:

If antihistamines didn't work, I was prepared to have her tested for specific allergies and then given injections to build up her immunity to them.  I still might have it done.  

She was quite miserable having difficulty breathing during April, May, and June. 

I have a dog that has allergic symptoms in the Spring.  She sneezes, nose runs, and is clearly stuffed up.  She also licks her feet and scratches behind her ears, both signs of allergies in dogs.  

She takes an antihistamine that works very well.  

Valued Contributor

Glad to hear it's just not my girls who are suffering (not that I want anyone to suffer). They are having the same: runny eyes, sneezing, itchy feet, and belly. We give them Zyrtec as well. If they are really bothered, I'll give them a Benedryl. 

Honored Contributor

A allergy shot from vet works,  But, only for a few months,and cost is $300.00 here.

Esteemed Contributor

Our female German Shepherd is allergic to grass, tree pollen and dirt. The vet prescribed apoquel. I also buy shampoo and cream rinse for her sensitive skin. I have a Burt's Bees spritz that I spray on her if it's summer so she can still play outside. 

Honored Contributor

I have allergy-free mutts.  That's one advantage to NOT having a purebred dog, less susceptible to disease and allergies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have mixed breeds as well....still have some seasonal allergies. 

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Our female German Shepherd is allergic to grass, tree pollen and dirt. The vet prescribed apoquel. I also buy shampoo and cream rinse for her sensitive skin. I have a Burt's Bees spritz that I spray on her if it's summer so she can still play outside. 

Apoquel is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

Apoquel is wonderful!

Does not work well on cambridge, we used it  before.