Trusted Contributor

Embark DNA results for our rescue dog are in!

[ Edited ]

35892A80-B970-41F5-8A05-AED533B4F559.jpegWe got a rescue dog in July. She’s so beautiful & such a good dog. Her paperwork said they thought she was an Aussie, Collie, Sheltie mix. Imagine our surprise when the DNA results came back that she is 100% Border Collie. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Embark DNA results for our rescue dog are in!

Our daughter just sent her rescue dogs test in and we are waiting to hear. It will be fun to find out what breed or breeds she is.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

We got a rescue dog in July. She’s so beautiful & such a good dog. Her paperwork said they thought she was an Aussie, Collie, Sheltie mix. Imagine our surprise when the DNA results came back that she is 100% Border Collie. 

@Tribesters 

I've had many Aussies and Border Collies, they're some of the smartest dogs, highly intelligent and easily trainable!

I've had mini Aussies too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Congratulations and continue to enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Can you post a picture?  I'd love to see her.  I get daily notifications of Aussies from shelters in my area and rarely do they remotely resemble Aussies.  Many look suspiciously like pit bulls.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom.  I've had many collies and Aussies.  Have a mini Aussie now, my second (of course they're now Mini American Shepherds).

20191222_163824.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm sure she will be your treasure no matter the DNA results.  But it is fun to find out.  Many happy years with your rescue!

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

Oh yes, we love her no matter what the DNA says. It’s just nice to have an answer when people ask what breed she is. 

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters.   Pretty pup!  I would have guess there to be some Sheltie in the mix too.  She has that sharp, foxy Sheltie face. 

My little Aussie was a rescue and is probably pure bred but very poorly bred, probably from a backyard breeder.  He had some sort of traumna as a pup and doesnt like people or other male dogs.

Respected Contributor

oh my, she is beautiful !!!

i always say that in my next life, i will be athletic and i will have a border collie and do agility with her.