Esteemed Contributor

Did it work?  Did it bother your pet or you?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Yes, I used them when I first moved to California, 2 indoor cats, and learned that flea egg cycles don't die like in cold climates...and I had lots of fleas move into my condo carpet! Called Fleabusters, they "smashed" borax deep into pile of carpeting, told me to vacuum after 24 hours, borax no harm to cats or humans, and it worked! I used them again In Houston, same experience.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs ,

@hookedonq -

If it contains borax, that IS dangerous and toxic to pets and humans.

I knew that years ago.

If you were told that by fleabusters, please don't take for granted something you may have been told by someone trying to sell it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: EVER USE FLEABUSTERS?

[ Edited ]

I used Flea Busters when I lived in Houston many years ago.  It was the only thing that worked as the fleas swiftly became immune to insecticides as they came on the market.  The Flea Buster product is a fluffy powder that's a desiccant, not a poision, which means it sucks the moisture out of the fleas bodies and eggs, killing them.  They don't seem to become immune to it.

Is it dangerous?  I found this online:

"In sum, borax is wholly natural and has no inherently toxic ingredients. It doesn't cause cancer, accumulate in the body or in nature, or absorb through the skin. Because the dose makes the poisonborax is not harmful to the body or the environment with normal, external usage any more than salt or baking soda is."

By the way, I've lived in the Albuquerque area for the past 19 years where it's also so dry that fleas can't exist.  I havent seen one since I moved here and have had as many as 5 dogs at one time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info @Kachina624 .  My holistic vet recommended it. The package says it contains 64% orthoboric acid.

The fleas are terrible this year in southern Florida.  First time ever that I have had a problem.

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   I hope Flea Busters works for you.  I feel certain it will.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment