Respected Contributor

Re: Dr Phil rerun early this morning - woman with 15 cats

[ Edited ]

Over the decades there have always been about 4-5 since I took in strays and once there was additional kitties in a litter from a very sick stray I brought in and cared for, vet did not think the babies would survive but we got her in time and they were all healthy.  When I was looking for homes, I vetted all the people and followed up with the ones who adopted these kittens @2 months old. Over the last 38 yrs, all kitties indoors.  My cats have lived long lives and I am now down to 2 cats; it will remain 2 or less.  Maxwell Fergus, about 8, is a rescued Norwegian Forest Cat (Weegie) seized by BARCS in Baltimore which I adopted; Angus Duncan, a Domestic SH Brown Tabby was a young stray in the neighborhood who I made friends with and brought indoors about 2 years ago; he is about 3 1/2 yrs.  He will no longer see the outdoors, he now lives life comfortably indoors with his Maxwell. This guy was very skittish and he has been work in progress, but he will now sit up to take a treat--proud of this little guy!  Love my boys!

Respected Contributor

I don't/won't watch that show. But if she took care of the cats, who cares how many she has? If it impacted her life, what does that matter to Phil? If her marriage was on the rocks, that's her business. Why was this even a show topic?

Phil gives me THE CREEPS. 

Valued Contributor

@estaw2000 wrote:

I saw that show! I have had as many as five kitties. That was abit hard to keep up with! Ihad four for a long time & that was a good number for me! It's costly to care for them + the litter boxes. Right now I have three and as I get older that seems to be working well. Love my kitties!kitten.jpg

Such a BEAUTY!!! Looks like a tuxedo - one of my favorites!!!