Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr. Jeff : Rocky Mountain Vet

I think Dr. Jeff is doing G-d's work.

He truly is an Angel on Earth.

I just wish that there were at least 10,000 more vets just like him.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I am watching the show and this couple brings in their dog that jumped out of the car window. Apparently, the window accidentally got lowered. They took the dog to the urgent care to fix the leg (broken in three places). The urgent care said the charge would be $18,000. They took the dog to Dr. Jeff and he did surgery and fixed the leg for $800.00. You should have seen the look on his face when the couple quoted the price. It is so sad to see people being taken advantage. 

The surgery went well and it will take time to heal. I love this show and how caring the vets are in this clinic.

if they had had  good pet insurance,   It might have payed 90% or more of the $18,000..... mine would of.  Not everyone has a "Dr. Jeff"to fall back on for a better price. Pet insurance should be a REQUIRED expense. It would save a lot of pets from being put down.  

Respected Contributor

@labloverrr 

That's gut wrenchingly sad.

Sounds like RIP OFF artists PENN VET SCHOOL.

They are a total scam...feeding off the desperation of pet families.

Respected Contributor

@elated I too watched this episode Saturday night and the owners of the dog had tears in their eyes.  It was an epic moment when Dr. Jeff fixed their baby and it was running through the grass on the end of the show.  They have also purchased a harness so that their baby would not be injured in the future on joy rides.  What a responsible purchase and an uplifting show at its roots for DR Jeff and Petra, his wife.

Honored Contributor

I like that show a lot, too.  I was driving with my dog in the car one time, and all of a sudden I felt a breeze.  I realized my dog had lowered the window.  What a shock that was.  I raised it and now keep the windows locked.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan.   They're a dedicated group of compassionate people doing good works.   I suspect it's been a blessing to have the financial benefits of being compensated for the Animal Planet show (although one of them...  maybe Dr. Jeff... said more people know about them so the workload has increased somewhat).   In past seasons I also heard mention that some of their clients come there because of the quality of care and they pay "full price" or even more than that to help offset those who can't afford the costs.   There are angels among us.   I'd like to think the new exposure spreads a message about giving back and all the philanthropic steps other veterinarian practices might consider, even if in small and simple ways.😊   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

@elated I know it's been a few months, wow been awhile since i've logged on.  Actually she never thought of suing probably due to all the grief she was going through.  She still grieves for him Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@elated wrote:

I am watching the show and this couple brings in their dog that jumped out of the car window. Apparently, the window accidentally got lowered. They took the dog to the urgent care to fix the leg (broken in three places). The urgent care said the charge would be $18,000. They took the dog to Dr. Jeff and he did surgery and fixed the leg for $800.00. You should have seen the look on his face when the couple quoted the price. It is so sad to see people being taken advantage. 

The surgery went well and it will take time to heal. I love this show and how caring the vets are in this clinic.

if they had had  good pet insurance,   It might have payed 90% or more of the $18,000..... mine would of.  Not everyone has a "Dr. Jeff"to fall back on for a better price. Pet insurance should be a REQUIRED expense. It would save a lot of pets from being put down.  

Not every one can afford pet insurance, i had it for a few years, after hubby died,i could not afford it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.