Super Contributor

Re: Dr. Elsey's "Cat Attract" Litter- Does it Help?

my friend swears by it.  However, kitty must not have other health issues 

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much for all your replies- very helpful!

Heart

Super Contributor

D-Mannose Info

Couple of things...the litter must be Unscented...period. Dr. Elsey's regular Unscented or even better, Fresh Step Ultra Unscented (in bags or cardboard boxes). Dr. Elsey's makes a powdered herbal attractant that you can shake on top of any litter. This is more cost effective than the cat attract litter IMHO. Also, if that box is not getting scooped every day without fail, if it isn't scrubbed clean every two weeks minimum, and if she has not properly cleaned the previous accident sites, she will not get the cat to consistently use the box. If the cat had a UTI, please get D-Mannose powder from Clear Tract or D-Mannose capsules from Solaray and give to cat several times a day for five days. NOT cranberry alone. It is not potent enough. See my D-Mannose Info link at the beginning of the post for info. I have used D-Mannose for my own UTIs for 15 years, and I have given it to both my dogs and cats during that time frame when any of them got a UTI. Works perfectly with aggressive, consistent treatment for no less than five days. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

I've heard people say it does help.  I've never had a covered litter box.  I say out of site, out of mind, and I like to check on mine.  I scoop at least twice a day.  Cats like clean litter boxes and I've heard they like uncovered ones.  I have the ideal place for my litter box its in a separate toilet room in a bathroom with a tile floor so easy to clean up.  My cat was front paw declawed by a previous owner and has no problems.