Esteemed Contributor

Recently posted in Nextdoor.com was a blog about a little white poodle that went down into a very steep gully and didn't return. The poster was asking for someone to be able to go down and search. The dog is elderly and diabetic and in need of shots. I wanted to head over, but have a broken leg. The next day she was still missing and my husband finally said, I'm going and I'll take Doogie, our standard schnauzer. If she's down there Doogie will find her. He did !! My husband is no spring chicken and had difficulty getting down. He took Doogie's leash off and sent him on ahead where he located the dog and barked alerting my husband. The furbaby has been returned to a very grateful owner. Heart Doogie will be 10 years old next week and is more like two years old. He will get a steak for his birthday.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Here's our boy ! IMG_0586.JPG

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

Way to go Doogie!  You've got to be soooo proud of him!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

How proud you must be for your furbaby to do this....so happy he found the other

puppy too.

Valued Contributor

That is awesome! What a good boy you have! So very kind of you & hubby to do that. I can only imagine how grateful the other owner was. Bless you both!

Your dog is such a cutie too! Give him puppy kisses & puppy hugs from me!

cookin

Contributor

Well done, Doogie! And congratulations to your husband. They may well have saved that little poodle's life!

Honored Contributor

That's a wonderful story @pattypeep.  Doogie and your husband are both heroes!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Oh I love him!  You, hubbie and Doogie are all heros!  The poodle really needed his insulin.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Heart

Super Contributor

@pattypeep  This made my morning.  Thanks for sharing.  Great job, sweet Doogie!

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful story!  Your husband is a very caring man, and you have one smart dog!  They are both heroes.  I think

your dog is exceptionally handsome, and I bet your DH is, too.