Honored Contributor

Dogs are Confusing? 🤔

[ Edited ]

I saw this on Twitter & thought it was a funny truth about dogs. 

Dogs are confusing creatures. 

Blow in their face - ANNOYED

Head out a window of a moving car - LOVE

Bath - HATE

ANY other form of water - LOVE

Simple instructions - DON'T UNDERSTAND

Take out 5 treats and only give him 4 - GENIUS MATHEMATICIAN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dogs are Confusing? 🤔

My late dog ozzie had a few ear infections when he was young. He'd sometimes come when called, obey "stop" here and there, and ignore other simple commands. He had me thinking he'd gone partially deaf, until.....

the day i shook the can of Reddi Whip topping, took the top off and sprayed the topping....

ozzie came running over the minute he heard the shaking, not even the squirting sound....no hesitation even tho' we'd probably only had Reddi Whip in the house once the year before....

we began to concentrate on the "obey" command right after that.....

Respected Contributor

@wilma  Yes they are but what sort of life would we have without them?  A true friend starts with a wet nose and ends with a tail!   So true!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I can call and call my dog when she is upstairs and no response but just let her hear the refrigerator door open and she flies down the steps!

Valued Contributor

Haha, too funny. 

Cats are very similar. I can call them as loud as I want, and no response. But wow start up that electric can opener and they materialize out of thin air. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon