Respected Contributor

Does your dog watch TV?

Our one girl watches TV with great interest and the other does not seem to know it exists -it is almost like she can not see the images on the screen.....??

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  My past dogs didn't show much interest, but my current dog watches intently.  He'll stand in front of the tv and pay great attention to what is going on, even moving his head to follow the images (especially, of course, when the images are animals).  I always get a kick out of it!  

Honored Contributor

Mine does from time to time.  Especially, if some voices of men come on.  She seems so interested.  I have to laugh.

Honored Contributor

My female golden use to when I had  shows with animals on TV... dogs, cats... any; animals.  She would run up to the screen and wag her tail and get really excited about it

Then when we adopted another dog... she must not feel as lonely for other animals as she no longer cares about animals on TV.  They two of them play and hang out together all the time, so I guess she does not feel lonely.

Honored Contributor

I had a dog years ago that liked the muppets and then when a commercial came on she would look around to the back of the tv for them.

Super Contributor

My last dog also loved to watch TV, but for different reasons.  He was extremely dog aggressive and whenever he saw a dog, even a cartoon or stick figure dog like in the diabetes commercial, he would bark, snarl, growl and lunge at the TV.  

We moved the TV up so he couldn't get to it, but we finally had to turn off the TV when he was in the room. 

Honored Contributor

My dogs don’t watch TV, but they respond to dogs barking and door bells sounds on the TV.  They run to the window to look outside for the barking dog or the person at the door.

Honored Contributor

None of my dogs ever watched the motion on tv, but my very first dog was sensitive to noise.  She'd hide in the cushions of the sofa if I watched a horror movie and there were loud noises.  I didn't want her to be unhappy so I didn't watch them when she was around.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dogs and TV

[ Edited ]

Yes. Mine barks and runs to the tv when there is a animal on. A couple of weeks ago my nephew rhad his phone where it mirrored onto the big tv. She ran to the tv and started barking at herself. It was hillarious.

Honored Contributor

yes, he likes TV.

his favorite channels are the animal channel and qvc/hsn.

anytime we are out we leave the tv on for him.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein