Honored Contributor

I try different ones,use to make my own, have not for several months,what do you use,on your baby?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I use 2 different brands.  Sentry Petrodex and Pro-Sense.  It needs to be enzymatic.  My dog doesn't like the toothbrush in her mouth so I put it on my finger and smear it around on her teeth.

Honored Contributor

I give my dog raw marrow bones which I get from a local meat market here. I buy a bundle, freeze them and take them out to give about one a week. I've never used toothpaste.

Trusted Contributor

Tried the dog toothpaste once on my late strong jawed peke/chuhuahua/terrier.......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Dog chews after that      Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

My main way to keep my 6 year old Maltese's teeth sparkling white is letting him chew on genuine Yak chews. They have to be made from real Yak milk, the cow milk ones don't work. I buy mine from Peppy Pooch. My baby has never had to have his teeth cleaned and his breath is like a daisy. My vet is astonished!

Esteemed Contributor

We use dental chews from Sams every day or so for our two doxies.  Their teeth look pretty good since we started this last year.  I always hate it when my fur babies need a dental cleaning.

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

My main way to keep my 6 year old Maltese's teeth sparkling white is letting him chew on genuine Yak chews. They have to be made from real Yak milk, the cow milk ones don't work. I buy mine from Peppy Pooch. My baby has never had to have his teeth cleaned and his breath is like a daisy. My vet is astonished!

@furbabylover Can you tell me *exactly* which yak chews you buy, please?  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I use Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic beef toothpaste and an Oral-B electric toothbrush, the one with the small round single brush.  

Respected Contributor

I have tried 3 or 4 different brand, my picky Spaniels tolerate Vet's Best (gel)...very well.

(Ingredients:  Glycerin, Aloe, Pectin, Neem Oil, Grapefuit Seed Extract, Baking Soda).

Vet's Best Dental Gel Toothpaste

Valued Contributor

@spent2much  Go to the Peppy Pooch website (.com). I can't put a link up here so just go to their website. Go to the products tab and click on "Yak chews". You will then be on their Yak page which shows a variety of sizes of what they call "Yak cheese", depending on the size of your dog. I buy the small premium dog chew 6 pack, for $15.95. It takes weeks for my baby to chew one of these down to a 2" piece, then I nuke it per their webpage instructions and it becomes a soft treat. My reason for using these is I am terrified of putting my baby under anesthetic. Maltese are prone to dying from this, so I found this alternative. My vet now recommends them to others. Don't fall for other websites offering "yak chews". 99% of them are selling fake cow's milk ones.