Respected Contributor

Re: Dog suddenly won’t eat, but not sick...

My son had a little dog who lived to be almost seventeen, and she got to a point where she just quit eating. We found a liquid supplement for dogs in the pet area at Walmart. Sorry I don't remember the name, but it came in a can she loved it, and we gave it to her every day. Just a suggestion.

Respected Contributor

Thank you again folks. Tonight, she still gave me the hairy eyeball when I put the bowl down, but I mixed in one of her dog treats broken up, and she ate-  Hoping she is getting back to normal. We sincerely appreciate all the suggestions! 

Esteemed Contributor

Polish Loaf - I've never met a furbaby who didn't like PL!  Does she like fruit, veggies, eggs, milk, cheese, etc.?  Sometimes the way they're cooked makes a difference.

My boy's developed a new 'rule'.  First, I had to put his dish in front of my rocker (I sit and eat there when alone) as he would no longer eat from his diner tray.  Then, learned to prep both our meals at the same time, side-by-side, pretending to put same stuff in our dishes.  Now, even though he's starving, he won't approach his meal until I'm seated eating mine.  Guess he likes us to eat the same thing (not exactly) together.  It works.  Only mention this 'cause sometimes little changes that seem dumb to us are very important to them.  Figure it doesn't hurt to try!