Honored Contributor

Dog's bucket list commercial

The Suburu commercial with the fellow taking his 14 3/4 year old dog (or so it says on his cake shaped like a bone) on an adventure to fulfill (at least, according to the man) what is on the dog's bucket list.  

It's a little sad but also very charming and sweet.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Dog's bucket list commercial

I like that commercial, too, especially when dog visits his old "girlfriend".

Funny, but they accomplished their purpose - I watched to the end to see what was being advertised!

Denise
Honored Contributor

I think we had this discussion on the old boards. I think it's very insensitive of the dog's owner to drag the poor old thing, achey joints and all in and out of the car to see things HE wants to see. Dogs don't have bucket lists. I've got two old dogs and all they want to do is lie on something soft and sleep.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ordinarily, I would agree that an older dog wouldn't want to travel.  This dog looked comfortable.  Or maybe they used several dogs in the commercial.  I don't know.

I had one dog who, at almost 15, was just fine with getting around and another who was not.  I think these days it depends on the dog and the dog's health and abilities, and even personality.

Ideally Subaru might want to make sure not everybody drags an old dog around unless it makes the dog happy.  And I don't mean when the dog is trying to make his human happy.

No, quite true, dogs do not have bucket lists.   But they do have likes and dislikes.   

Subaru is sensitive to folks who write to them.  I think it was Subaru who had that commercial about releasing a bunny into the wild and there was outcry that a domestic bunny should never be "released" like that since they have zero skills for that sort of life.  I was one of the people who sent Subaru letters to protest that particular commercial.  Sorry if it wasn't Subaru, but it was some car manufacturer.  Forgot to add that the car company took the bunny commercial off the air.

Honored Contributor

The VW commercial with the "older" ladies leering at the young guy should be taken off the air.    It's not funny or cute.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't think there are any dogs at all in that commercial.

Esteemed Contributor

As a former neighbor of mine, a vet, used to say, "Dogs are creatures of habit. They do not like changes in their normal routine." However, people do like change and variety so pet commercials are more about the pet parent than the dog or cat. When I see close-ups of certain pet foods on TV, I have to laugh. My dog couldn't care less if she sees certain pretty ingredients in her food. She'll eat anything as long as there's protein in it.

There are certain commercials that make nape wonder who was given the right to put this stuff on the air. There's one where a young mother takes her young infant, in a flimsy-looking carrier, and places him right under her feet as she pulls out a pan to cook. Hope she doesn't drop or splatter anything. Then there's the less-than-subtle ad for a razor (or is it Nair) that has several young women cutting small hedges which are placed at the level where the sun don't shine. Sheesh!
Esteemed Contributor

I think some of you are doing too much "thinking" about the commercials.  I enjoy the ones discussed because I don't analyze them.

Respected Contributor

My favorite commercial is the Trivago guy who get "lucky" in his hotel room. "Lucky" is his little Chihuahua!!!!! LOVE that one!

Contributor

Males me laugh every time I see it too ; )