Honored Contributor

Dog of the month photo submissions

If anyone wants to have their dog be "dog of the month," the catalog/website In the Company of Dogs is accepting submissions.

@YorkieonmyPillow, we all know Grandpuglet Daisy is probably a shoo-in!

Lots of other posters here have adorable dogs, too.

I may just send in one of my own little Kiku.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dog of the month photo submissions

I think in order to win those contests you have to have the dog doing something really unique.  There are too many really beautiful and cute dogs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think in order to win those contests you have to have the dog doing something really unique.  There are too many really beautiful and cute dogs.

Actually, you don't.

If you take a look at past dogs on their site, hardly any of the dogs are doing anything unusual, @Kachina624

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach.  Did you read the reviews on this company?  They sound like thieves.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GingerPeach.  Did you read the reviews on this company?  They sound like thieves.

Wow!  121 reviews on Yelp averaging one star!  I think I get catalogs from them sometimes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

They are expensive, but everything I've ordered has been excellent.

I got the best ever wool poncho for my little dog (on sale) and we've been using it pretty much every day for months.  I bought the blue one.  So cute, and so practical.  Kiku LOVES it.  There is only one  band at the bottom and as easy as can be to put on and take off.  Beautifully made.

Image result for dog wool poncho plaid  fringes

My former dogs used their plaid velcro/double D-ring harness every day for most of their lives (one for 8 of her 16 years).  Those harnesses were over $35.00 each but worth every penny since I can't manipulate the snap kind and needed velcro.  Plus, they are still gorgeous even after many times being machine washed.

I like the site/catalog.   You just have to be careful to know what you want, compare prices elsewhere, and if you really like something or they have what no one else does, then that's when you order.

Like anywhere else, caveat emptor, @Kachina624

Athough what any of that has to do with the photo submissions, I don't know.  You don't have to order anything.

p.s.  If you want top-of-the-line customer service, stick with chewy or even baxterboo.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, I agree.  While I don't order that many things from them, everything that I have received has been of exceptional quality.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

They are expensive, but everything I've ordered has been excellent.

I got the best ever wool poncho for my little dog (on sale) and we've been using it pretty much every day for months.  I bought the blue one.  So cute, and so practical.  Kiku LOVES it.  There is only one  band at the bottom and as easy as can be to put on and take off.  Beautifully made.

Image result for dog wool poncho plaid  fringes

My former dogs used their plaid velcro/double D-ring harness every day for most of their lives (one for 8 of her 16 years).  Those harnesses were over $35.00 each but worth every penny since I can't manipulate the snap kind and needed velcro.  Plus, they are still gorgeous even after many times being machine washed.

I like the site/catalog.   You just have to be careful to know what you want, compare prices elsewhere, and if you really like something or they have what no one else does, then that's when you order.

Like anywhere else, caveat emptor, @Kachina624

Athough what any of that has to do with the photo submissions, I don't know.  You don't have to order anything.

p.s.  If you want top-of-the-line customer service, stick with chewy or even baxterboo.

@GingerPeach The ponchos are adorable! Never have seen anything like them for

dogs. So stylish too.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 and @SXMGirl and @NickNack @threecees

I thought you might like to see little Kiku in her poncho.DSCN0517.JPGDSCN0516.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach She looks so cute. Love the poncho.

Little Miss Fashionista.😊