Honored Contributor

I need  a small cross body bag,that will hold phone ,poop bags, keys, ect.trying to teach clancy to walk,on a trail, not leather,nylon type,sturdy, ,not expensive,does any one use this type of bag,for this purpose?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I got a cheap one at Walmart and also Amazon has cheaper ones. 

Respected Contributor

Not a cross body, but walking with my dog is the only time I go to a fanny pack. It can hold anything I need. A little, or a lot. Keys, phone, poo bags, pepper spray, chapstick, etc. It stays put, so I don't wind up having to fight with it. I can get into it quickly since it's on my hip. 

You might consider this option, too. There are many styles and sizes at low cost. Actually my fanny packs have belts long enough I could even make one cross body if I wanted to, but prefer it on my hip. Good luck finding perfect fit. 

Respected Contributor

I use a Lug wallet that has a long strap that works cross-body, but then I carry my keys and cell phone in my pockets, and a fanny pack for doggy baggies.  The belt of the fanny pack keeps the wallet from swinging away from my body as I bend over to do a pick-up, for instance.  In the winter, I wear the wallet under my coat, and that's what keeps the cross-body item contained.   No matter what sort of cross-body you do use, that's one thing to consider, it's going to swing down and get caught on things, or hit the ground when you bend over, so be aware of that issue, perhaps you could use an extra snap to hitch the cross-body pouch to your belt loop or waistband., and control it that way.  Just something to think about if you've never used a cross-body when dog walking before.

Esteemed Contributor

I always make sure my dog goes before I walk him.  I have never needed the poop bags, but I do carry them in case.  THe one I have I can actually throw in the washer or wash it by hand.  Lug bags are nice but too expensive IMO for that purpose.  

Honored Contributor

I also use a belt bag/fanny pack when I don't have a coat with pockets.

I find it more convenient than a crossbody because it stays closer to the body, as @CamilleP was pointing out.

Honored Contributor

My other dogs mostly did not poop when out,but this one does,

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I do not have this bag but I think it may be a good option. I have one Lug bag that I love and carry it all the time. 

F38677 Lug N/S Convertible Crossbody Hip Pouch - Skeeter Mini 2 

• Measures approximately 4.75" x 7.75" x 2.75" with a 30" to 55" strap; weighs 0.45 lb
  • 100% polyester

https://www.qvc.com/Lug-NS-Convertible-Crossbody-Hip-Pouch---Skeeter-Mini-2.product.F38677.html?sc=P...

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I wear a fishing vest walking my dog and it holds everything and not as cumbersome as a cross body bag!  For summer I also wear a lot of lightweight men's either sleeveless or short sleeved tops with kangaroo pockets and some have  a zippered pouch above the pouch for everything I take on my dog walks.

Trusted Contributor

I wear scrubs to walk our dog, no bag needed, just put your dog gear stuff in the front pockets.