Super Contributor

Dog has congestive heart failure

My 13 year old fur baby had a heart attack today.  Scared me so much!  Fortunately he survived.  Vet put him on three medications.  Said he has congestive heart failure.  He was just at Vet 2 weeks ago for an ear infection.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dog has congestive heart failure

@mcducky

Oh, I'm so sorry this happened to your dog. But thankful that he survived. He's a fighter! I will pray for your dog that he will regain his strength and still live happily. Your love for him will carry you through this. Take care.

Trusted Contributor

@mcducky

Is it ok if you share your dogs name? It helps me as I think of him and pray for him.

Super Contributor

How very kind of you!  His name is Kaching.  He is a shih tsu.

Esteemed Contributor

@mcducky

@mcduckywrote:

My 13 year old fur baby had a heart attack today.  Scared me so much!  Fortunately he survived.  Vet put him on three medications.  Said he has congestive heart failure.  He was just at Vet 2 weeks ago for an ear infection.  

OMG, I Will pray for both of you.  Not to sound stupid, but how did you realize it was a heart attack.  I also have a Poodle Maltese who is getting up in age.  How did you save him?  Am very happy you did.

Honored Contributor

Praying with you mcducky.  He's a strong boy.  Give him a tender hug from everyone here who are wishing him well.   Heart  And tender hugs for you too.  Heart

Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/d9/dc/62d9dc97c2c4324f9bdc41d97995e726.jpg

Regular Contributor

Sending love and hugs to Kaching and you. Our fur babies mean so much to us. I have two, 10 and 11 and worry all the time about their health. All we can do is give them our love and enjoy each and every day we can with them. Kaching is certainly loved by you. Keeping you in my thoughts. Get well little boy.

Respected Contributor

My 11 year old pom had Congestive heart failure and had to be on Lasix to get rid of fluid.  She was swollen around the middle.  When the doctor said we would have to increase it I had her put down.  She had suffered with it long enough. She was a small dog but would pee puddles like a elephant.  My whole day was spend carrying her outside or setting her on pee pads every 30 minutes.  Having animals is so wonderful until they get sick and then it is so heartbreaking for the owner and you don't know how bad it is for the animal since they cannot talk.

Respected Contributor

@mcducky Wishing your sweet boy improved health.  I hope the meds get him stabilized and that you have many more healthy and loving years to share.