Esteemed Contributor

Just on tv- did not say name.Making them sick and dying. May be some one can find out more.

Honored Contributor

Many of us have signed up for dog food warnings and they're usually posted on the pet forum.  There have been warnings posted recently on some obscure brands for having excess vitamin D.  That's all I've heard.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

So many recalls.................I'm getting to believe just feed your furry friend people food!  Add another chicken breast to your meal - or lamb chop.............if it's good for you.....why not?   

Valued Contributor

@halfpint1

Go to DogFoodAdvisor dot com and sign up for email notifications and when there is a recall you will receive notifications.  I receive them all the time.  Additionally, if you are on Facebook, go to their page, Dog Food Advisor, and either "LIKE" or "FOLLOW" and you will get the notifications by FB posts also.  😊

Frequent Contributor
  1. The report on tonight's news showed HILLS canned dog food as the bad tainted food.  Check with your vet.
Frequent Contributor

The dog food shown is HILLS canned dog food.  Check with your vet for variety.

Valued Contributor

@halfpint1

I researched my deleted e-mails & found the e-mail notification from January 31, 2019 referrencing the recall you probably heard about today on TV.  Following is the text of it I have copied.  Hope this helps.

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified, I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

Hill's Pet Nutrition is recalling multiple lots of BOTH its Prescription Diet and Science Diet dog foods due to elevated levels of vitamin D.

Very high levels of vitamin D can lead to serious health issues in dogs, including kidney dysfunction.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:

(I had to delete this link because i could not post this with it included here.)

Please share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Not already on our dog food recall notification listSign up to get critical dog food recall alerts by email. There's no cost for this service. No spam. Cancel anytime.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

So many recalls.................I'm getting to believe just feed your furry friend people food!  Add another chicken breast to your meal - or lamb chop.............if it's good for you.....why not?   

@fthunt ...... that’s exactly what I do 🥰

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Me too!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Me too!!!

Hope you all have done some research on the nutritional needs if your dogs.  They are not the same as a person. It often requires a rotation of various meats and veggies as well as supplements.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.