Respected Contributor

Dog Walks on Cool Fall Mornings

I have two bassets.  One is a bit older and one is a pup.  This am was a bit chilly and we were able to walk 3 miles!  Hopefully, they will sleep for a bit !

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dog Walks on Cool Fall Mornings

I still walk every morning as well. It feels good for me too to get in a nice

long walk with my dog even when the weather is cool. 

Your dogs should be tired and rest for a long time after a 3 mile walk.

That is great!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2   You will love this being a Basset person!  A few days ago I watched a wonderful Huell Howser show California's Gold on a picnic held annually by people who own and bring their Bassets to the park every year.  They have fun competitions (which Basset has the longest ears and who best howls along with music).  If you google the Huell Howser show I bet they have a list of recorded shows that you can watch.  The Bassets are adorable! 

ETA:  I just researched and it was added on You Tube in 2014 (the picnic was in 1997)... I know you will enjoy!

Visiting with Huell Howser - Basset Hound Picnic

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I have two bassets.  One is a bit older and one is a pup.  This am was a bit chilly and we were able to walk 3 miles!  Hopefully, they will sleep for a bit !

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

I will check this out - thank you!

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2   Take a look at my ETA in the previous post.  Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2   I love Bassetts.  We had one many years ago, he was the best dog.  He loved to be on your lap.  All 70 lbs. of him.

After we lost our guy we got a call from the folks that owned his Father.   It seems "Dad" got out and had a fling with the girl next door, a Springer Spaniel.  They had puppies and they wanted to know if we wanted one.

Oh were they cute. Black and white like a Spaniel but built like a Bassett.  Yep, we took one.  He was so sweet, goofy, but sweet.

Give your guys a belly rub for me.

Respected Contributor

34B19F4C-DB68-4290-96DD-AB6B9344FCA3.jpegSnoozing on the pool cover in the sun after walking!

Respected Contributor

Retired Legal Secretary-yes we love Basset hounds!  My family had them when I was growing up and we have kept the tradition 😉!

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  Adorable picture. Just a friendly tip,

you must use @CrazyKittyLvr2 for poster to

receive your message.

Respected Contributor

I hope all you Basset lovers saw this cute commercial. I went to a Silky group gathering like this once and it was utter madness...but fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTRR92URXpo