Honored Contributor

planet dog and mickeyspet supplies and some JW dog toys,

Mutts and Mittens, Ruff dog, West Paw Design-there are others.

Most if not all Kong are made in the USA now with all natural rubber.

You can just search dog toys made in the USA. 

I would make sure they are not only "assembled or made" in the USA but all materials come from the USA.But these sites seem to be all really made in the USA, materials too.

I am still amazed that when you go to Pet Smart or Petco etc, most all their toys are made in China! Don't they get it?!! We are not going to chance giving our pets anything anymore from China! At least those who have already had bad experiences. They all need to get with the program of no more pet toys from China for our family members!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Same here. I've bought only West Paws for my little girl. Will look into the others. Not much for 5 lb dogs out there.

Her favorite toys, tho, are twigsWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@summerwind.  My smaller dog, not as small as yours, loves a small Kong that looks like a teddy bear.  It has minimal stuffing in case they break it open, comes with an extra squeaker, is floppy enough to shake nicely, come 2 to a pkg.  Its his favorite toy.  Got it on Amazon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624, oh, thank you, I'll look into that! 

Trusted Contributor

The toys in Bark Boxes are made in the U.S.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

Some Nylabone chew toys are made in the US. Those products have an American Flag on the packaging. I buy the durachews line that's made in the U.S. Also buy the West Paw products that have been mentioned by others.

Esteemed Contributor

I also will not purchase anything for my GSD's that isn't made in the USA. The Kong toys have a USA line for all types of chewers and ages.  The USA products are clearly marked on the front.  They do have a few items that are madein China but not many. These toys may be a bit pricey but they last and last. Hope you find something in that line.    

Honored Contributor

Re: Dog Toys made in USA

[ Edited ]

@summerwind  @MrsCat21  @Wahoogaz  @morganjen  @Fressa.  @on the bay  The other day when we discussed pet toys, I sent an email to Kong asking where their toys are made.  I just got a reply.

Let me first say thank you for choosing KONG and writing to us with some feedback. We review all consumer comments and handle each one individually. Customer care and quality are important to us. We record and review all consumer comments on a regular basis. We use details like yours to see how our products are doing out there in the real world.

Our KONG non-rubber toys are made in China. Please know that we do understand consumer concerns about the products manufactured in China and take that seriously. There are a number of people here at KONG that keep their pets just as close as any family member. We all want to have safe products for them to use. We design and test those China made products right here in the US. We have independent lab testing done in the US and Europe to make sure all the toys are safe. Because there are currently no standards for pet toys we test our products to children's toy safety standards. We also make sure all of our packaging is correctly marked as to not deceive the customer. Any KONG product that is made in China will note this on the packaging.

There are, of course, a large number of KONG products that are manufactured here in the US as well. That includes all the rubber products and the consumables. As part of the KONG business, we only want safe products designed and sold for all those pets out there to enjoy.

Let me know if you have any further questions. KONG has a variety of dog and cat products that we hope you and your pet will enjoy. After all, dogs and cats need to play!

Thank you,

Pam Clift
Consumer Relations

Kong Company
16191 Table Mountain Parkway
Golden, CO 80403

------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting that @Kachina624.  It's interesting that they test their toys to children's toy standards.  Henry and Frankie have a number of Kong Toys.  I've always felt like they were good quality.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I've only got one dog that plays with toys, but he has never destroyed a Kong toy.  Others don't last long.  I like that they don't put a lot of stuffing in them for me to clean up.