Respected Contributor

Dog Rescued From Water By Boat Watching Notre Dame Fire

On the morning news there was a happy story related to the Notre Dame fire.  Two boats were miles out in the ocean and could see the fire.  They moved in closer to get a better look and found a dog swimming and near exhaustion.  The men on one of the boats rescued the dog and have adopted it.  There were no other boats in the area so they don't know where it came from or how long it had been swimming.  Talk about the right time at the right place.   One lucky dog.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dog Rescued From Water By Boat Watching Notre Dame Fire

@Catty2  Those men are angels and that is one lucky dog.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

The dog was in the ocean?  That's quite far from Paris.  Do you mean to say the Seine River?  Or the English Channel (which is still about 100 mi away)?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have to wonder if someone didn't throw the poor dog into the water.  It's hard to think of another explanation.  It all turned out for the best, which is what really matters.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I hope this dog has an easier life from here on out. He or she sure deserves it.😊

Honored Contributor

The dog was swimming 135 miles out in the ocean, he was sighted from a Chevron oil rig.  They think he must have fallen off of a fishing ship.  ☹️

They named him Boon Rod (Survivor), he has been taken to a rescue group in I think Thiland.  The man who rescued him wants to adopt him.

Doggie 😇 !

I just read this in USA Today.  It popped up near an article about Notre Dame, perhaps that sparked the connection. (?)

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Catty2,

A happy ending, thanks for posting,

http://www.i2picture.com/pictures/emojis/d/e/c/7/dec71f1888f42c9f92c55889564d64ab_384.png